Snapecast Video Episode Alpha

// July 18th, 2011

Direct Download the very first video episode – 655 MB (30:08)

Snapecast Video Episode Alpha
Operation Doorpost

Introduction (0:00)
Featuring: Rachael, Meagan, and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Snapecast’s first video episode ever
- Rachael and Meagan film their October 2010 visit to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Entering the Park – (0:27)
Wandering Fen: Rachael and Meagan
- Rachael and Meagan explain how to get to the Harry Potter portion of the park (and wear matching t-shirts)
- Snapecast staff takes the Jurassic Park route instead of the Doctor Seuss route to get to Hogsmeade

Letter Stamping – (5:13)
Wandering Fen: Rachael and Meagan
- Rachael and Meagan have written letters to Snape!
- We get them stamped and ready for delivery

Shopping – (6:36)
Wandering Fen: Rachael and Meagan
- Rachael and Meagan shop in Dervish and Bangs
- There are cauldrons!

The Plan – (7:44)
Wandering Fen: Rachael and Meagan
- Rachael and Meagan explain the plan to deliver their letters to Snape
- Meagan almost gives us away by wearing white shorts

The Mission – (9:13)
Wandering Fen: Rachael and Meagan
- Rachael and Meagan enter the Forbidden Journey ride and complete the mission
- Through the magic of our sophisticated video equipment (pocket video camera and flashlight)see Snape’s door

Success! – (11:40)
Wandering Fen: Rachael and Meagan
- Rachael and Meagan review the success of their mission

Frivolity and Butterbrew – (13:05)
Wandering Fen: Rachael and Meagan
- After finishing the ride, Rachael and Meagan engage in some frivolity
- Update on the status of the letters
- Our weary heroes have a butterbrew at the Hog’s Head

Cute Pink Things – (19:12)
Wandering Fen: Rachael and Meagan
- Rachael and Meagan shop at Zonkos
- Rachael really wants a Pigmy Puff

Day 2 and Conductor Talk – (20:12)
Wandering Fen: Rachael and Meagan
Hogsmeade Folk: Owl Trainer and Awesome Conductor
- Rachael and Meagan try to have fun without getting kicked out of the park
- An Owl Trainer gives us some tips on getting Snarky to behave
- The Very Awesome Conductor gives us some inside information about Snape’s whereabouts

Farewell – (28:32)
Wandering Fen: Rachael and Meagan
- Rachael and Meagan have bought so much stuff that they can no longer walk around the park
- The trip (and the mission) was a Snapey success

LJ: http://community.livejournal.com/snapecast/
IL: http://asylums.insanejournal.com/snapecast/
Dreamwidth: http://snapecast.dreamwidth.org/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/snapecast

Closing

- music by EasyAccessMusic, “Human Emotion 30sec”

Video Editing by Rachael

" Snapecast Video Episode Alpha " has 11 Responses

1. On July 19th, 2011 Alice said:

That conductor was both knowledgeable AND attractive. Also funny. I live in the Orlando area, so I’ll have to go see if he’s working next time I hit the parks. You guys did remarkably well with not shaking the camera, and sneaking past the ropes to honor Snape, so well done! I’ve been a lurking lurker for a while now, but I had to come out of hiding and say “squee” and also that I cannot wait for your assessment of DH part 2, because there was SO MUCH more of Snape than I was expecting. And that makes us all happy.

2. On July 19th, 2011 Good_Witch said:

: ( I DLed the file (which took a while, even with cable modem… Cox Sux apparently), and it won’t open. I get this error: “The document “Operation+Doorpost.wmv” could not be opened. The movie is not in a format that QuickTime Player understands. You may need to install additional software to open this type of file.” I have a Mac Mini, and our household is all Mac. I don’t know enough about computers to know how to get it to work correctly, so I appeal to the brilliant Snapecasters for help! Please, can anyone help me so I can watch the first ever Snapecast video episode? *pleads on bended knees*

3. On July 19th, 2011 Saundra said:

At first I squeed, then I saw that this is “old stuff”. I’ll take it, I’ll take anything. But I really really want a Snapecast review of DH2. I know it takes time for a high quality product, but this teaser thing, coming at this time, is kinda cruel. How Snapey of you all!!! May your underpants stay grey.

4. On July 19th, 2011 Saundra said:

Forget my snarky grumble (above). The video was totally fun, and Rachel and Megan are cuter than 2 pygmy puffs!!! btw: it was SNAPE who picked up your letters. He heard you outside of his door and grabbed the mail once you were gone.

5. On July 20th, 2011 OhlookSkittles said:

So glad to see something from you guys after such a while. :3 Looks like you had fun. I haven’t gotten to go yet, so it was nice to at least see what it was like. xD

6. On July 21st, 2011 Saundra said:

Good_Witch – when you try to play the vid, follow the Quicktime message to Apple, there are instructions on downloading the proper wmv thingy, and then the vid will play. I’m no computer expert, and I got it to work on my mac. Be persistent, it won’t take long. :)

7. On July 25th, 2011 Petrea said:

I was also a lurking lurker but loved this Snapecast video episode. So full of Snapey goodness!! The ‘will Billy Crystal play all characters including the voice of Buckbeak’ discussion was also a highlight!

8. On July 28th, 2011 Rebecca Webb said:

First to Good_Witch: try a google search on Mac + WMV. You need to download a quicktime extender program, I think it’s called Flip4Mac.

To the Snapecasters, the content was great and you’re both good on camera – Rachael’s charismatic and Meghan is really appealing. But damn, the file size is more than half a gig! That’s too big to put on my iPod, and I like to listen to Snapecast in the car. Definitely prefer the audio format. Go, Team Tenure!

9. On July 28th, 2011 Emma said:

This isn’t exactly related, but I just wanted to say that I can’t wait to hear the Snapecasters views on the Deathly Hallows movie, you guys always have really interesting and unique opinions on the movies and I always enjoy listening to them. looking forward to the next episode!

10. On August 1st, 2011 Snapecast » Video Episode on YouTube said:

[...] those who did not have a chance to download our first video episode, our Snapey shenanigans can now been streamed. The episode is available via YouTube in two [...]

11. On September 3rd, 2011 Sindie said:

Where’s the next Snapecast episode that talks about Snape’s amazing portrayal by Alan Rickman in the last movie? :(