Compelling Snape Pics from DH Part 2

// March 20th, 2011

A recent video from ABC Family featured previews of Deathly Hallows Part 2, which included some haunting pictures of Snape. We took some screencaps. Be sure to click on the images for the larger size and Snape in all his glory.

So what does everyone think? Is this Snape outside the Potter’s house? Are we going to get flashbacks?

" Compelling Snape Pics from DH Part 2 " has 10 Responses

1. On March 21st, 2011 Shana said:

They look great!
    It’s just stupid that it isn’t the same house we see in philosophers stone if you ask me…
    Anyway, I can’t wait, just hoping they’ll do it justice!

Oh, also very excited to hear your thoughts on the changed deathscene in the (hopefully soon airing) next snapecast!

Bye!

2. On March 22nd, 2011 Rachel said:

He looks shell-shocked to me. It’s actually really amazing how much the first two shots change just because of the lighting. He can’t believe his eyes in the first and a split second later he’s spiraling into despair and shadows.
    … Or at least that’s what I’m getting.
    I think this is from a flashback, he looks much younger from what I can tell.

3. On March 22nd, 2011 Kate said:

I believe this is from “The Prince’s Tale” scene, the night the Potters were killed. In the films Lily and James are portrayed as being much older at their death than in the books, so on that timeline Alan Rickman is not too old for the part. I’m really hoping this scene gets the justice it deserves!

4. On March 28th, 2011 Rebecca Webb said:

I don’t think this is the night the Potters were murdered. There’s no dust or debris. But is that a lighted lamp in the upper left room?

5. On March 28th, 2011 Rebecca Webb said:

Thoughts from a colleague:

1. If Potter house, when? Didn’t we see it in much worse shape in Deathly Hallows 1?

2. Bathilda’s house after Harry and Hermione shoot out the window? Upper lit room is that strangely-preserved nursery?

3. Aberforth’s dilapidated premises in Hogsmeade where Snape has come to check on the Slytherins? [RW adds, might that be where Snape was when Lucius was sent to fetch him for Voldemort who waited in the Shrieking Shack?]

6. On March 30th, 2011 Willow said:

Yes. It’s Snape outside the Potter’s for certain. Are we going to get Flashbacks? “One can only hope,” as said Captain Jack Sparrow.

It was a nice surprise to see this scene. It means we’re going to, HOPEFULLY, get more Snape footage in this part of DH. Granted, Snape is mostly out of the picture even in the book, so it didn’t surprise me he didn’t get much screen time in Part One (but Alan OWNED the screen time he DID have. ^_^). I’m glad that WB is taking some little liberties and seemingly giving us what we want…MORE SNAPE SCREEN TIME.

I think the big worry right now, for me anyway, is, ‘The Prince’s Tale,’ and will they do it justice. It’s SO crucial they get it right…it explains EVERYTHING with regard to our Potion’s Master and what has motivated him basically his entire life. If they don’t get it right, I don’t think they’d want to see what an angry army of Snape fen can do. LOL.

7. On March 30th, 2011 Shana said:

My secend post, the first one can’t seem to pass the test..

The scenes look great to me, at least we know we’ll be getting some! I don’t see how this could be any scene other than the memories, what leaves me with 2 complaints:

The house looks different (Asuming it really is the Potters house)
    Really? 21 year old Snape by a 65 year old actor?
    (But since I love Alan Rickman, I actually don’t mind it all that much..)

Looking forward to the next Snapecast!

8. On April 1st, 2011 Snapecast » Snapecast Episode 40 said:

[...] Video clips and high-quality screencaps of Deathly Hallows Part 2 from an ABC Family [...]

9. On April 3rd, 2011 Emily said:

Guys, there’s new stuff out, if you look on the fansites (I recommend the-leaky-cauldron.org) they’ve seen the initial screening of DH2 and **SPOILER** there’s about 6 minutes of the Prince’s Tale, and they detail what’s in it. And these pictures are of Snape visiting the house the night they were killed, and he cradles Lily in his arms while baby Harry watches on. Also details on Snape’s death, and a scene in which Harry confronts Snape as students watch on (about Dumbledore’s death).

Details here: :)

10. On May 6th, 2011 Amanda said:

I think it is definatly Snape in front of the Potter’s house!
    And I really hope we get flashbacks.
    If they don’t inclde the Prince’s Tale chapter I am going to be so mad!