// January 9th, 2011

Direct Download the entire episode – 86 MB (3:00:27)

The Epic Deathly Hallows Episode
Three Hours of Nonstop Snape-ing to Make Up for Our Lateness!

- Soundbyte: Alan Rickman, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone

Hosts: Rachael, Becca, Gina
- In which we explore the pros and cons of eating popcorn out of a cauldron.
- How we saw Deathly Hallows Part I.
- Looking ahead to upcoming HP cons in 2011: Aeternitas (April 28 – May 1), Lubricus (June 16-19), LeakyCon (July 13-17), and DiaconAlley (July 21-24)
- Coming up in this show.

Announcers: Jon
News for now. (Send your news to snapenews@gmail.com)
- Fans surprisingly satisfied with the Snapeyness of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I. Someone must have spiked the popcorn!
- The latest film continues to inspire a new wave of Snape appreciators.
- Snape deemed “ultimate Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher” by very important online media source.
- Formerly relevant tv channel also
shares in the Snape love
- Draco Malfoy Tom Felton admits to being secretly scared of
Snape
- Latest Lego Snape keychain is seriously cute.

Deathly Hallows Part I Review – (20:30)
Panel: Becca, Rachael, Meagan, Rose, Shannon

Fan Interview – (1:01:23)
Interviewer: Rachael
Guest: Ryan

PSA: Lubricus – the Slash-focused Harry Potter Con – (1:41:05)
- For more information, visit the Lubricus website.

Tour of the Harry Potter Exhibit in Seattle – (1:42:20)
Intrepid Attendees: Rachael, Diane from Spellcast

Panel: Shannon, Becca, Gina, Rachael
- Our thoughts on the depiction of Snape in A Very Potter Musical and A Very Potter Sequel
- Flapping, thrusting and billowing: The physicality of Snape, Voldemort and Harry and what that says about their characters.
- On lunching with Snape.
- Other Snape merchandise at the WWoHP.
- A listener confesses her deepest darkest secret.
- Further discussion of the Silver Doe scene in DH Part I.

Hosts: Rachael, Becca, Gina
- Snarky seems a little shell-shocked since DH part I.
- In which we still can’t stop talking about the film.
- Possible plans for a video podcast

Deathly Hallow Part I Fan Predictions – (2:51:18)
Interviewer: Gina

LJ: http://community.livejournal.com/snapecast/
IL: http://asylums.insanejournal.com/snapecast/
Dreamwidth: http://snapecast.dreamwidth.org/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/snapecast

Snape Report

– music by Allan Horn, “Newscast”

Deathly Hallows Part I Review

– Alexandre Desplat, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1: 02-Snape to Malfoy Manor

– Janine Johnson, Chopin Recital: 12-Valse Brilliante Op.18 in Eb major

Tour of the HP Exhibit

-Alexandre Desplat, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1: 10-Ministry of Magic

DH Fan Predictions

- Alexandre Desplat, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: 21-Lovegood

1. On January 9th, 2011 Daisy said:

Wow! Great episode, I really enjoyed it!
    And happy birthday to Severus ;)

2. On January 9th, 2011 Sonia said:

Yes, Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay Snapecast!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!

3. On January 9th, 2011 Leah said:

A lot of people are saying the whispered “trust me” is dumbledore because harry is looking at the mirror and it’s a call back to the lightening struck tower, but I like the idea that it’s Snape better obviously.

4. On January 10th, 2011 drinkingcocoa said:

I’ve just listened to the end of Ryan’s interview and I hope he comes back for a follow-up after he finishes DH! I love the depth of this interview and that you got to linger over the feelings, the characters that he identifies with and why, and the differences between his point of view and his child’s. Many thanks to him for taking the conversation so seriously when he is a self-professed “casual” fan. I also enjoyed how Rachael was able to cover so many pre-DH theories without giving anything away. Thank you.

5. On January 11th, 2011 Sarah said:

Yay! I just finished it! By the way, Young Severus Snape is being played by this kid…http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/DenofL5/news/?a=26964
    No word on a teenaged Snape, so I guess that means they’ll just replay the stuff from OotP or they’ll just not even bother…

6. On January 11th, 2011 Susan said:

Just a random question: Has Snapecast ever done a segment on fan videos?? (It has been a while since I listened to all of the episodes…) Also, would you guys ever consider a video podcast? You could combine the two!

Love the new episode!

7. On January 21st, 2011 adrian said:

Just finished listening..thank you so much for a great episode!!!!

About the “Trust me” part..What’s funny is, I live in Japan, so I had to see it with Japanese subtitles, and at the exact moment where the voice comes in, a subtile pops up that reads “Trust me.” You can probably guess how excited I got. This is the first time I’ve ever been happy about having to watch with subtitles in the theatre…
    Though the 5th&6th movies have been very disappointing, I’m glad that at least they’re putting Snape’s voice to good use (like the sectumsempra scene in HBP, where they have the whispering voiceover).

Also, I agree with you guys about the necessity of not showing any part of Snape in that scene. I also think that they were doing the sort of film technique where the camera is looking at Harry furtively from behind the trees, so the audience gets the feeling that someone is there, watching from the shadows.

Looking forward to your next episode!

8. On January 21st, 2011 Sonia said:

I just noticed this on The Leaky Cauldron site. Seems they made changes to Snape’s death scene!

9. On January 21st, 2011 Montserrat said:

Anything that improves Snape’s humiliating death scene is ok by me!

10. On February 5th, 2011 ljss said:

Just saw Alan Rickman here in Brooklyn, NY in the Ibsen play Borkman. AR was wonderfull as was Fiona Shaw (Mrs. Dursley) and the other lead actress whose name escapes me right.

11. On February 16th, 2011 selma said:

So much to love in this episode! So much I wanted to comment on – but, I’ll keep it to two.

The Very Potter Sequel is sooo worth watching. There is more Snape in the sequel – and they have a bit of Snilly and a bit of Harry talking to Snape.

Read “Second Life” for a great take on the Deathly Hallows – Hermione is secretly married to Severus. The Silver Doe chapter will not disappoint! http://ashwinder.sycophanthex.com/viewstory.php?sid=17863

Thanks for the awesome episode! Can’t wait for the next one… next Jan? Hopefully much sooner.

Oh, yeah, and I would love to see an episode on fanvids – should be right up your alley!

12. On March 18th, 2011 Sonia said: