// June 1st, 2010

Direct Download the entire episode – 55 MB (1:15:33)

The Musical Anniversary Episode
Celebrating our 4-Year Snape-iversary!

- Soundbyte: Alan Rickman, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone

Hosts: Rachael, Shannon, Gina
- In which we blow out some birthday candles and reminisce on 4 years of Snape-ing
- Just what has and hasn’t changed in the ways we Snape
- Plans for Infinitus including a Snape meet-up and a presentation on The Theory of Diminishing Snape
- Take our poll regarding the Snape meet-up
- Coming up in this show.

Singing Announcers: Jeff & Becca
News for now. (Send your news to snapenews@gmail.com)
- Deathly Hallows Snape action figure sports new improved billow
- Canadian cosplayers Snape-it-up at the Innovator’s Ball in Ontario
- The truly naughty Snape fans Snarry fen are invited to visit the Snarry Suite at Infinitus
- Snapecase community celebrates Snape throughout his life
- Way back in February (while everyone was still recovering from Snape’s big bad 50th birthday bash), Rickman’s awesome evilness recognized
- Fans pushing for Alan Rickman to portray Moriarty in Sherlock Holmes 2.

Fan Interview – (28:18)
Interviewer: Gina
Guests: Andrew and Wesley of Severus and the Snapes

Like Snape Remix – (46:25)
Wrockers: Severus and the Snapes

Snape & Roundtable – (49:44)
Panel: Becca, Rose, Shannon
Topic: Snape & the Arts
- Rickman’s inspiring tango video
- Snape moon-walking by fancy-less
- Separated at birth: Franz Liszt and Severus Snape?

PSA: Results of our Limerick Contest – (1:07:45)
Congratulations to Proto and Professor Skrewt

Panel: Shannon, Gina, Rachael
- When you have a lawyer on staff, you cannot avoid the occasional legal disclaimer
- Remembering the good old days when we ALL debated Snape’s loyalty
- In which we explore how Snape might treat a blind student
- More reminiscing on our earliest Snape fanfic-reading experiences

Hosts: Rachael, Gina, Shannon
- Shout-out to new listeners and new fans of Snape
- Snuna Exchange reveals have just been posted
- SS/HG Exchange begins posting June 1st
- Snarry-a-Thon recently wrapped as well
- Should Shannon get a cat named Severus
- Happy Snape-iversary!

Suddenly Severus – (1:52:14)
Filk writer: Rebecca Webb
Filk singer: Jeff

LJ: http://community.livejournal.com/snapecast/
IL: http://asylums.insanejournal.com/snapecast/
Dreamwidth: http://snapecast.dreamwidth.org/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/snapecast

Snape Report

– John Williams, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone: 01-Prologue

– John Williams, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone: 09-Hogwart’s Forever – the Moving Stairs

– John Williams, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: 02-Fawkes the Phoenix

– John Williams, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: 11-Hagrid the Professor

– Patrick Doyle, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: 12-Harry in Winter

– Nicholas Hooper, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: 02-Professor Umbridge

– Nicholas Hooper, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: 17-Farewell Aragog

– John Williams, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone: 10-The Norwegian Ridgeback – A Change of Season

– Janine Johnson, Chopin Recital: 12-Valse Brilliante Op.18 in Eb major

- Severus and the Snapes, “Like Snape Remix”

Shape &

– Shira Kammen, Wild Wood: 13-Rapaz Maneo

PSA

– Nicholas Hooper, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince:15-The Slug Club

- Nicholas Hooper, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: 13-School!

Suddenly Severus

- music from Little Shop of Horrors, “Suddenly Seymour” (lyrics by Rebecca Webb)

1. On June 2nd, 2010 Sonia said:

YAY!!!!! A new episode!!!!! The perfect pick-me-up for this grrl ;)

THANK YOU!!!!!

2. On June 2nd, 2010 TarsieS said:

Hey, all – great episode! Loved the limericks and the singing news (I bow down to your creativity)

In reference to your discussion about the blind/Snape fics – you mentioned the OFC fic by reading the blurb. This is part 1 of a three part series written by RJ Anderson (Who has since gone professional) and was written prior to HBP. It was one of the first fics ever recommended to me prior to 2005 and I HIGHLY recommend it.

Also, you mentioned a list that someone had written of disabled ff recs – any chance you could post it? Or is there a link somewhere?

As always, love you guys – wish I could be at Infinitus, but I will be at LC2011.

—————
    Hey Tarsie,

I think Rachael was referring to this particular list of HP disability recs by Painless_J: http://painless-j.net/blog/2007/08/30/themed-list-disability/

3. On June 2nd, 2010 MUHAHAHA said:

awesome!!

4. On June 7th, 2010 Kaila said:

Hey, you guys!! I’m sooooooo glad you finally made another episode! Even though I’m a new listener and I haven’t gotten to number 20 yet, I decided to cheat and listen to 37 and check to see how you guys are!
    I was totally surprised to find out that Rachel has a poodle named Remus.
    IM JEALOUS. Remus is like number 2 on my favorite Potter Character List (Severus is obviously number 1). And after I heard about the “werepoodle” I decided to put Lupin in my FanFic project I’ve been working on since May. So Rachel I give you the credit of inspiring that idea! LOL
    Speaking of FanFic, I didn’t even know it existed until I found you guys on iTunes and started listening! I was like “HOLY HIPPOGRIFFS I CAN READ MORE SNAPE?!?! AHHH!” And let me tell ya, it’s been fun… except the Snarry, Snapeldore, Snupin and Snermione. That stuff made me think of Alan Rickman/Severus in a bad bad bad bad BAD way! *shudders at the memory* Rachel, how in the world can you like that stuff?!!? EW!
    Anyway, I just wanted to wish you a happy Snapiversary! You can find me on fanfiction.net by searching LilyEyes777 if you wish you contact me! :)

5. On June 14th, 2010 Artemis said:

Nice musical podcast! Speaking of music, I saw this on youtube the other day and he looks like Snape a lot! Just thought to let you know:

6. On June 14th, 2010 Artemis said:

But wait, this reminds me a lot more of Severus/Lily especially his obsession with her. And metamorphically the lyrics seems to apply to him somehow.

7. On July 5th, 2010 chyara said:

My very first podcast ever! I loved it!
    I admit that i am a total HG/SS shipper. though i will read anything Hermione-centric. (as long as it’s not Ron!)

Do you have a transcript of the ep 37. You mentioned a few fics, some i’ve read some i want to find.

thanks
    and see you soon at Infinitus!

8. On July 21st, 2010 Vicki said:

Loved, loved, loved your musical news!!!! As it so happens I only listened to this episode this week – I began a Snapecast listen-a-thon about 2 months ago and finally got up to the latest. All of the episodes were just great, and I really enjoyed the wild (and not so wild!) guesses as Deathly Hallows got closer and closer. I have been a somewhat rabid Snape fan since Deathly Hallows. I came to sympathize with him with the Worst Memory scene in OOP. I still have a copy of the e-mail I sent to a friend the week before DH came out saying that Snape was good, it was all about Lily, and that Hagrid would die (well, 2 out of 3 isn’t bad!)

Wish I could have gone to Infinitus – and hope you (or Snarky) will fill us in on all the Snapey happenings!

9. On July 26th, 2010 varitysinning said:

I am totally and shamelessly self-promoting, but here goes.

A SS/HG fic where Hermione has her tongue cut out…WIP

Reluctant to Kill

a fic where Snape wears a kilt

Plants and Potions

and a Fic where Snape helps Professor Granger teach students how to dance.

Delving Deeper

Check them out…

Promoting Adult Literacy Through Smut,
    Varity Sinning

10. On August 4th, 2010 Dominique said:

I typed Snape in the search browser for iTunes the night before last and Snapecast came up. I cant tell you how excited I was to find Snape lovers like myself.

I was a bit sad when I finished the books and again because the movies will soon be comming to an end but through your Snapecast’s I have now discovered fanfiction and fan art. I can read about my beloved Snape forever!

I really did feel very much alone. I am a 33 year old African- American , christian,with a teenager living in the inner city of upstate New York. Trust me NO ONE in my circle would ever read Harry Potter or be caught dead watching the movies. My family thought I was nuts for even reading the Harry Potter books, let alone grow to love one of the most disagreable characters in the series. I cannot tell you what this site and it’s info have done for me.

I have started on Snapecast Episode 1 and plan to catch up by listening to nothing but Snapecast until I get to episode 37.

You all are doing amazing work!

Dominique