// May 15th, 2009

The Spring Cleaning Episode
Doing Martha Stewart proud…

Direct download the episode here (78:51) 38 MB

This is Snapecast - (0:00)
- Soundbyte: Alan Rickman, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone

Introduction - (0:58)
Hosts: Rachael, Rose, Shannon
- Things to look forward to at SnapeyLeakyCon.
- Plans for a Snape meetup at Azkatraz.
- In which WB claims top spot on our sh*tlist.
- Coming up in this show.

The Snape Report - (14:57)
News for now. (Send your news to snapenews@gmail.com)
- WB screws with our Snape-ing YET AGAIN moves the release date for HBP.
- Despite WB’s nefarious machinations, Snapecast is organizing a meetup to ensure that Azkatraz will be full of Snapey squee.
- WB attempts to appease rabid fans with increased Snapey content in the film trailer and promotional material.
- Some bigwigs in Ireland are apparently big Rickman fans.
- Snarky currently masquerading as Snapecast on Twitter and Dreamwidth.

Deathly Hallows Medley - (17:01)
First Impressions By: Rachael, Chris, Rose, Becca, Meagan, Shannon
- Yes, we’ve been sitting on this for nearly 2 years!!!!

Top Ten Signs You’re Still a Snapefan - (23:15)

Seeing Snape In… Roundtable - (26:07)
Panel: Becca, Rachael, Rose, Shannon
- Top 5 Snapey characteristics

PSA: Severus Big Bang Sign-Ups Opening Soon - (46:58)
Announcer: Griselda Marchbanks
-Severus Big Bang LJ Community
-Severus Big Bang IJ Community

PSA: Vote for Snape in ‘08 - (48:25)
Voices: John, Gina, Wendy, Rachael, Becca, Chris

Owlpost - (50:59)
Panel: Shannon, Rose, Rachael
- In which we actually crack open Book 7 to answer a few tricky questions.
- Howlers and e-mail from the Muggle world.

Closing - (1:07:36)
Hosts: Rachael, Rose, Shannon
- We feel pretty clean!
- Join the Azkatraz Snape Meetup Community
- Severus Big Bang sign-ups begin June 1st!
- Snupin’s Bigger, Longer & Uncut Project will debut July 1st.
- Look for a new episode after the release of the new movie!

A Poem for All Hallow’s Eve - (1:10:40)
- Apologies to Mr. Edgar Allen Poe

Website/Blog: http://snapecast.com
LJ: http://community.livejournal.com/snapecast/
IL: http://asylums.insanejournal.com/snapecast/
Dreamwidth: http://snapecast.dreamwidth.org/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/snapecast
MySpace: snapecast
Discussion Boards: Snapecast on Why Snape?
E-mail: severus@snapecast.com
Skype Username: Snapecast

-Transcripts of this episode will be available at snapecast.com.

– music by Allan Horn, “Newscast”
Deathly Hallows Medley
- Talking Heads, “The Book I Read”
Top Ten
- Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban: 11-Hagrid the Professor
Seeing Snape In…
- Ivan Ilic, Elegance and Refinement: 02-Handel-Suite in Fa Major (Allegro)
Severus Big Bang PSA
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: 08-Room of Requirements
Vote for Snape PSA
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: 16 Hogwarts’ March
A Poem for All Hallow’s Eve
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone: 13 The-Invisibility Cloak-The Library Scene
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone: 17-The Face of Voldemort

1. On May 15th, 2009 Ashley said:

Alright! First comment!

I’ve been waiting for this only the beginning of the month, and now its here! Why has no one commented yet? Perhaps the rest of you have been waiting so long you actually forgot? In any case, I can’t wait to listen to it.

2. On May 15th, 2009 Susan said:

Hooray!

3. On May 15th, 2009 Cosima said:

Yes! Yes! Yes! Snapecast! My sanity is saved, now all I need to do is find somewhere with Wi-Fi.

4. On May 15th, 2009 Claire said:

Yay! I’ve been waiting for this! Everything was great, but I especially enjoyed the “Seeing Snape in” segment and also the Poem for All Hallow’s Eve–brilliant and rather chilling, actually.

5. On May 15th, 2009 MUHAHAHA said:

YESSSSS!
    Thanks alot!!

6. On May 16th, 2009 Snapefan said:

THANKSS!!! Every episode is a gem.

(However, I was a little worried about a Severus Snape/Martha Stewart encounter occurring in that episode ……)

7. On May 18th, 2009 Rebecca said:

Thanks snapecast for another great episode. Love the Seeing Snape in segment. There’s not much I don’t see Snape in, but I will try and come up with an original one. Look forward to the next one.

8. On May 18th, 2009 Lisa AKA Snapebeliever said:

Thanks for the great episode guys! I love the new segment on seeing Snape in other characters. When I line up all of my favorite fictional characters they all have certain similarities. I’ve been thinking about this a lot recently since Mr. Spock is my first fangirl crush and he’s been back in the news a bit lately! Methings he has a bit in common with the Professor…

Anyway, I really loved the poem at the end. I believe you’ve been keeping that one from us. It was chillingly delicious!

Can’t wait for Azkatraz!

Ljd

9. On May 19th, 2009 Selina said:

Alan Rickman named Honorary Fellow of University of the Arts London:

Yay Alan – still going strong!

10. On May 21st, 2009 MUHAHAHA said:

there are some great new Snape scenes in the new TV Spot, include some curtain moving and new lines.

11. On May 21st, 2009 Snarky Snape said:

Can’t wait to listen to this!!.. although its taking me forever! just bought a new lap top and i’m forced to download Itunes again. Glad to hear you all are still snapeing!! Us down south have missed our snapecast updates!

12. On May 23rd, 2009 Glow said:

That poem at the end was GREAT!!!

13. On May 26th, 2009 RKT said:

Hello Snapecast,

I just wanted to say what a truly wonderful thing it is to have Snapecast do such extraordinary work. We all appreciate your insightful analyses, passion and humour to bringing all things-Snape.

Waiting to hear more from you!

14. On June 5th, 2009 Notasquib said:

Snape has always reminded me of Sydney Carton in A Tale of Two Cities. He sacrificed himself to save the look-alike husband of Lucie Manette, the woman he loved, and they even had a child whom they named after him, I think. He was also snarky and bitter, and far more interesting and appealing than Darnay, the Marquis who married Lucie.

15. On June 7th, 2009 Percentage said:

Apart from the obvious resemblance to Gregory House, Snape reminds me a lot to Spock.

But after all Gregory House and Mr. Spock were modelled after Sherlock Holmes and perhaps Sherlock Holmes is also the model for Snape.

Mr. Spock is dark and brooding, lonely, bitter, very repressed, controlled and cold in the outside but very passionate and sensitive inside, highly intelligent and was bullied in his chilhood.

Spock has a very sardonic sense of humor, a way with words and a scientific mind able to “put two and two together” like no one else can. He is a skeptic.

His anger is terrible when he looses control. He is a master of logic like Snape. Spock sacrificed his life for the greater good (Wrath of Khan). Spock is also a half-blood (Human/Vulcan hybrid) and suffers a lot because of his condition. He does not belong in any species and joined Starfleet as a escape of his conflictive background and searching for knowledge. Spock was always the nerd, the lonely weirdo who can´t relate to anyone and had only one friend in his life. Spock also had a very conflictive relationship with his father.

And there is also a physical resemblance between Leonard Nimoy and Alan Rickman: Rickman even played a parody of Nimoy in Galaxy Quest.

There are many other characters that have some resemblances to Snape: for example Edward Rochester and Heathcliff by the Brontes or Captain Nemo by Jules Verne.

16. On July 3rd, 2009 laurel said:

this episode was hilarious! i loved the new round table discussion, and the poem at the end. it was chilling.

17. On July 3rd, 2009 laurel said:

also for some reason, Snape reminds me of Mr.Darcy from Pride and Prejudice. Maybe it’s the fact that their faces always look a little un-interested and proud.

18. On July 15th, 2009 TarsieS said:

Finally caught up on all my Snapecast – however it was quite hard to listen to the Feb 14th smut episode whilst at work! Talk about having to squirm in my seat!

In any case, this latest episode was wonderful – I loved two segments: the old bit giving your immediate reactions as you read DH, and A Poem for All Hallows Eve. The first took me back in my memories to a wonderful night and the second was pure genius adaptation of “The Raven”. Kudos. Did Chris do the adaptation as well?

Glad to see you still operating, somehow when I moved my itunes over to my new computer at xmas SnapeCast got lost on my podcast list. I’ve reupped so I won’t miss any more Snapey episodes.

Hope you all are having fun this week at Azkatraz!

Tarsie

19. On September 16th, 2009 UltraAmbiguousID said:

Hello there and thank you very much for SnapeCast! I am very new to crushing on Snape and have begun listening to your archived podcasts. Love that you add humor and original content.

20. On November 27th, 2011 Wokanshutaiduo said:

Wonderful episode!
    The only thing I want to point out is about ‘not blaming Dumbledore’ for asking Snape to kill him because of the whole Unbreakable Vow scenario. The way I view the timeline is that the Unbreakable Vow happened after he had already promised Dumbledore, because by then he already knew that there was nothing to lose by agreeing. Also he says something to Bellatrix in Spinner’s End about how the ‘duel at the Ministry of Magic had weakened him, that he is getting slow in his old age or his reflexes were slower or something’ – I don’t remember the exact quote – I view this as a reference to the injured hand. Therefore at the time of Dumbledore’s injury, they only knew that Draco had a task to kill Dumbledore but Snape had not made any such commitment yet. So no, Dumbledore was not justified in asking something like that of Severus!

21. On November 27th, 2011 Wokanshutaiduo said:

Just thought I should confirm, that everything definitely happened between midnight and 5.30, no matter how unlikely it may seem…
    Voldemort says to the people at Hogwarts:
    “I know that you are preparing to fight. Your efforts are futile. You cannot fight me. I do not want to kill you. I have great respect for the teachers of Hogwarts. I do not want to spill magical blood. Give me Harry Potter, and you shall not be harmed. Give me Harry Potter and I shall leave the school untouched. Give me Harry Potter and you will be rewarded. You have until midnight.”
    So Voldemort doesn’t start the fight until midnight – before that is them setting up the defenses, evacuating the people who weren’t fighting, and Harry talking to the Grey Lady and whatnot.