// January 9th, 2009

Happy Snapemas Snapukah Snapestice Birthday, Professor!
Wishing a little bit of Severus for everyone this year

Direct Download the entire episode – 50 MB (1:49:11)

Hosts: Rachael, Becca, Gina
- We may be rusty, but we’re still Snape-ing
- Vampire!Snape – definitely more sparkly than Edward Cullen
- In which we confess to not keeping up with the new “canon”
- Our resolutions for being better Snapefans this year

News for the past several months. (Send your news to snapenews@gmail.com)
- Alan Rickman discusses Potter films with fans on Uinterview.com.
- Rickman makes the rounds in yet another interview.
- The Queen couldn’t be arsed to give Rickman props.
- Boggart!Snape wins costume contest.
- Desperate Snapefen endure Sparkly!Vampire film for glimpse of HBP.
- For those uninterested in sparkle, there was plenty of thought-provoking discussion.
- Input currently being solicited for a possible Snupin Big-Bang Challenge.
- Alec Hopkins clearly a fan of Snapecast.
- Despite unfortunate Snape mishap, the Professor celebrates the big 4-9!

Snape’s Resolutions for 2009 – (15:55)
Announcer: Droxy
- Top 7 resolutions for enduring yet another year among dunderheads

Fanfic Review: Fic – (17:01)
Announcer: Meagan
Reader: Gina
- Exanimus Virtutis: A Hero’s Goodbye by LadyTuesday

Fanfic Review: Roundtable – (47:56)
Panel: Shannon, Rachael, Gina
- the viscera of a violent death
- who would have been responsible for retrieving Snape
- an unspoken connection between Snape and Hermione
- what kind of sandwich did Harry want after the final battle

Snape-ing at Azkatraz – (1:03:44)
Interviewer: Rachael
- Snape and the Snape Factor at Azkatraz

Panel: Shannon, Rachael, Becca, Gina
- Why Snape chose the moniker Half-Blood Prince
- Does JKR really hate Snape
- Where have all the Snape-vids gone
- Howlers and e-mail from the Muggle world.

Hosts: Rachael, Becca, Gina
- Tentative plans for a Valentine’s episode
- Plea for more Snapey programming at this year’s HP cons
- Snape apparently cursed our iTunes feed last fall

Happy Birthday from the House-elves! – (1:47:06)
Voices: Pinky, Dinky, Winky & Stinky (filling in for Spanky, who’s on a tea towel exchange to Russia)

LJ:

- music by Allan Horn, “newscast”
Snape’s Resolutions
- Patrick Doyle, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: 07-Rita Skeeter
Fanfic Roundtable
- Laurel Zucker, Mozart Flute Quartets: 07-Allegro
Snape-ing at Azkatraz
Nicholas Hooper, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: 01- Fireworks
Happy Birthday
- “We Wish You a Merry Christmas”

Please visit www.magnatune.com to listen to and purchase many of the other fabulous pieces of music you hear on Snapecast. Snape may be evil, but they are not.

1. On January 9th, 2009 Sonia said:

YAY!!!!! A perfect way to celebrate Snape’s birthday!!!!!! THANK YOU for a new episode!!!!!

2. On January 9th, 2009 Susan said:

YES!!!! I am sooooo happy!!! Thanks for getting a new episode out there, Snapecast!!!!

3. On January 9th, 2009 Sarah said:

I was so hoping for this!! Thank you! :D

4. On January 9th, 2009 Taniesha said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEVERUS!

I can’t wait to listen to the new episode.

5. On January 9th, 2009 Claire said:

I knew you guys would come through for this most hallowed of days! Beautiful episode as always–thank you!!!

6. On January 10th, 2009 delma said:

I was hoping as well! Off to listen and Tweet.

7. On January 12th, 2009 Rebecca said:

I had my fingers crossed on the 9th and I wasn’t disappointed. What a great Sev’s bithday treat. Thanks to you all for another amazing podcast. I raised a glass of muggle made wine on his birthday – it wasn’t the same.

8. On January 15th, 2009 Sonia said:

LOL…one of the free Discovery Downloads on iTunes is the opening music, the Bach Violin Concerto, and I’m listening to it thinking, “this isn’t right: Snape isn’t talking. Why would I want it even if it is free?” It’s just not the same…..

9. On January 15th, 2009 Zynukthoom said:

thank you so much!

10. On January 16th, 2009 steffi said:

This made my day, or night, or morning, depends on how you see it but YAY for new eppy =D

11. On January 22nd, 2009 delma said:

I have tried to email the following twice but it has bounced back.

SnapeCast Staff,

I had a little trouble getting back into fanfic post DH – mostly because I was bothered by Snape’s depiction in The Prince’s Tale. Here are links to a couple of the first fics I was able to enjoy.

Cuckoo in the Nest: The Baby Dialogues by Melusin
    Already experiencing a miserable second pregnancy, Hermione receives an unexpected surprise… **Winner: Best Short, SS/HG Awards, Third Round, 2008**

A Sweet For A Wish by septentrion
    Meeting a hag can be a life-altering experience. At least, it was for Severus.

I hope you enjoy them as well.

Keep Snaping!

Delma

12. On January 24th, 2009 Kim said:

Nope. No Snape in “The Tales of Beedle the Boring”. I mean “Bard”. Awsome episode as usual. :)

13. On September 25th, 2009 UltraAmbiguousID said:

Gina, you read very well.

14. On October 22nd, 2009 Gangster59 said:

I made enquiries about which new, different, possibly promising new candidates for parliamentary office are popping out of the woodwork. ,

15. On October 5th, 2010 ll65 said:

re: Eileen Prince

Love your podcast. I’m in the process of listening to all of them to become up to date. It’s interesting listening to all the speculation pre-Deathly Hallows.
    I think Eileen Prince was, if not overtly abusive like Tobia Snape, not a good mother. Given Snape’s general of hygiene and personality I believe Eileen was extremely neglectful of Snape. These are thing that are primarily taught by the mom in the family unit. Having come from that background (one of the many reasons I love Snape and want him to have a positive future__if only in fan fic or in the fan fic in my head) I know that there’s dance that the man and woman play when they’re in abusive relationship. I think Eileen clearly put Tobia’s needs above Severus’ needs and engaged that antagonism.
    Thanks you again…ll65