// July 31st, 2008

The Mostly Live One
For those who couldn’t make it to Portus…

Direct Download the entire episode – 34 MB (1:09:12)

Hosts: Rachael, Becca, Gina
- Reporting on the Snapey fun of Snapefest
- Special Snapefest Tribute Video: Edited version (5:30), Downloadable Full-Length Version (14:56)
- In which Becca squees (rather loudly) over Snape’s leather jacket.
- Highlights from the Podcast Palooza, Portus, the Art Gallery, and the Swim-Up Bar.
- Rachael narrowly escapes buying a piece of Snape look alike art

Snapecast Live! – (16:48)
Sort of Live Panel: Rachael, Meagan, Becca, Gina, Jeff, Shannon, Rose
Special Guest: Severus Snape
- Soundbyte: Alan Rickman, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- Elf-Made Wine Supplied by Room Service

The Snape Report Special Edition: A Year in the Afterlife – (21:44)
Video from Snapefest available here.
News for those who’ve been living under a rock for the past year (Send your news to snapenews@gmail.com)
- JKR’s nefarious plot to end worldwide Snape-ing not successful: Snape lives on!
- In a devious attempt to distract Snapefen from absence of Headmaster portrait, JKR announces Dumbledore is gay.
- Snapefans on LiveJournal settle on name for their collective madness.
- Deleted scenes accompanying OotP DVD not very riveting and definitely not at all Snapey.
- Professor Snape once again snubbed for Wizard of the Month recognition.
- WB’s plan to release DH as two films gives Snapefans twice the chance to get their Snape fix.
- Big-time lawsuit causes hoopla in HP fandom but really has nothing to do with Snape.
- 50+ particularly depraved Snapefen descend on Dallas for a full day of non-stop Snape-ing at Snapefest.

Searching for Snape in All the Wrong Places – (26:25)
Panel: Shannon, Rachael, Becca, Gina, Rose
- Can there ever really be a replacement for Snape?

Owlpost – (38:55)
Panel: Rachael, Shannon, Gina, Rose, Meagan and Snarky
Voice: Munchkin
- In which we ponder what might have been if Snape had been a GIRL
- The younger generation loves Snape too.
- Howlers and e-mail from the Wizarding and Muggle world.

Predictions for Harry Potter & Severus Snape: The Movie The Half-Blood Prince – (51:07)
Panel: Meagan, Becca, Rachael, Rose, Gina, Shannon
- What we expect to see in the next film

Trivia and Audience Q&A – (53:33)
Panel: Rachael, Becca, Meagan, Gina, Shannon, Rose and Severus Snape
Guests: Depraved lunatics in the audience

Hosts: Rachael, Becca, Gina
- Check out the Portus/Snapefest Flickr Group
- Stay tuned for Episode 29

Happy Birthday! – (1:08:00)
Voices: Jeff, Meagan
Filkster: Jeff

Trivia and Audience Q&A
Happy Birthday
- John Williams, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone: 01-Prologue

Please visit www.magnatune.com to listen to and purchase many of the other fabulous pieces of music you hear on Snapecast. Snape may be evil, but they are not.

1. On August 1st, 2008 Susan said:

Yea! Another episode! Also, it was great to meet Rose at Accio!

2. On August 1st, 2008 Venturous said:

Subject: total SQUEEEE!

Snapefest was such a wonderful experience for me, thank you all.

Getting to meet the faces behind the genius of Snapecast was wonderful. Being in a room full of Snape fen was unbelievably satisying, even healing!

Finding out I suck at trivia: well, I’ve got work to do!

Can’t wait til next time!

3. On August 1st, 2008 Droxy said:

You are too kind, but you can’t have the jacket to perve over.

Thanks for highlighting Sabrebabe who is both the doll maker and Eileen Snape. She’s a very talented woman.

4. On August 4th, 2008 Tarsie said:

Oh, how I wish I had been able to attend – but if you guys are still going strong or want a meet-up at Infinitus, I’m there!

My favorite on this episode was hearing everyone’s voices again and the replacement-snape section.

I’m such an oldster though, Snape was my replacement for Spock! Although for sheer snarkiness these days, I turn to Shark. (hmm S-names: I sense a pattern forming…) It took me awhile to understand the Battlestar references – I’m a fan of the original series, and have yet to warm up to the new incarnation mainly for the use of earth-centric words. I saw the first episode and it turned me right off.

In any case, loved the episode – jealous I wasn’t there to enjoy all the snape-fest goodness, and hope you will be doing it again in the future. And a new episode coming soon!!! Can’t wait!

Love you all,

Tarsie

5. On August 4th, 2008 Marie said:

Visual Replacements:

1.Dr.Nigel Townsend from Crossing Jordan. I know, the show’s boring, but he has the hair, the nose, the eyes, the gothic touch and the ambiguous sexual orientation. Not to mention he’s a potioneer. sort of.

2.Marilyn Manson. Again that snapy look. And really evil.

6. On August 4th, 2008 Cassandra said:

Loved the full version of the Tribute! The artwork is so wonderful, much better than GrandPre actually. The picture of Snape finding Lily’s letter was really touching.
    For a Snarky substitute, try Christina Hendricks who plays Joan the Office Bitch Queen on Mad Men. She is wonderful, and just slices people into little pieces with wit and cool.

7. On August 8th, 2008 delma said:

Thanks for the episode. Looking forward to more Snapey Goodness.

8. On August 8th, 2008 Erin said:

Okay, amazing episode but… I was not aware that you were going to read the questions in front of a live audience. I was mortified for like three seconds then I just started laughing. And Bless LeatherJacket!Snape for sticking around as long as he did. Snape probably has a hit on me now for even hinting at another Snape in drag visual. Oh well. He loves us. He just won’t admit it. :D

9. On August 12th, 2008 Sarah said:

Although I consider myself quite new amongst this particular group of Snapefen I am definitely not a very new obsessor (for lack of a better word). I really enjoyed listening to you guys live and only wish the age restriction for Snapefest had been a teensy bit lower so that I could’ve attended. :( I suppose there’s always Infinitus to look forward to.

10. On August 27th, 2008 QB said:

Still so sad to have missed it, but great to see another episode up. Whee!

11. On September 5th, 2008 Ashley said:

I so wish I could have been there. A convention about Snape only is just too irresistible a thought. But, unfortunately, I don’t live anywhere near close enough. As far as I know, there isn’t even a Harry Potter convention near me, let alone a Snape one. I live in Australia, you see. But the whole time leading up to it, I so wanted to.

Plus, the age restriction might have excluded me. I wasn’t really clear on it. I’m 18.