// April 16th, 2008

The Tax Day Episode
Almost as anticipated as your refund check…

Direct Download the entire episode – 34 MB (1:11:32)

Hosts: Rachael, Rose, Shannon
- We may be rusty, but like the truly annoying and devoted fans we are, we’re back!
- The state of Snape-ing in the fandom is clearly in crisis.
- Official and unofficial Snape-ing planned for Portus, Terminus, Accio and beyond!
- Coming up in this show.

News for the month of April. (Send your news to snapenews@gmail.com)
- JKR reveals Snape’s backstory planned from the beginning.
- Snapefen too savy to be taken in by lame April Fool’s Joke.
- Wrock group The Remus Lupins foolishly decide
not to change name to The Severus Snapes.
- Snape’s staring role in Potter Puppet Pals Video clearly responsible for You Tube award.
- For those in the mood for Snape meta, check out You Have Used Me: Severus Snape, Albus, Dumbledore, Betrayal and Trust
- Snape gets his Spock on.
- Snape-ing expected to heat up during summer convention season: Check out programming at Portus, Accio, Terminus, and of course Snapefest.

In Search of Different Endings Contest – (16:16)
- In 500 words or less, write a different ending for Severus Snape Snapefest
- E-mail your submission by Midnight EST June 9th to severus@snapecast.com (Subject line: Different Endings Contest)

Draw Us a Picture – (17:37)
Announcer: Shannon
- We’re looking for Snape fanart for Snapefest
- Het, slash, gen, fanon and canon art welcome (R-rated and below)
- Those interested, send an e-mail to severus@snapecast.com by May 1st

Deathly Hallows Roundtable – (19:03)
Panel: Rachael, Wendy, Becca, Meagan
- Deathly Hallows Parts I & II, David Yates, and More: what does this mean for Snapefans

Top Ten Items Snape Should Spend His Tax Return On – (37:41)

“Snape is…” Call for Fic Recommendations – (40:02)
Narrator: Gina
- Submit Snape fanfiction recommendations for discussion in future episodes
- E-mail your recommendations (R-rated and below) to severus@snapecat.com (Subject line: Snapefic Rec)

Owlpost – (44:17)
Panel: Shannon, Rose, Rachael
- Some well-deserved squeeage over movie 6.
- Somebody’s in trouble with the tax man.
- Howlers and e-mail from the Wizarding and Muggle world.

Hosts: Rachael, Rose, Shannon
- Special Fanfic Episode in the works.
- Look for coverage of convention and movie news.

He’s Always a Bastard to Me – (1:08:19)
Filkstress: Becca

Different Endings Contest
- Nicholas Hooper, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: 15-Ministry of Magic
Draw Us a Picture
- Fauxliage, “Draw My Life”
Deathly Hallows Roundtable
- Nicholas Hooper, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: 17-Flight of the Order of the Phoenix
Top Ten
- John Williams, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: 02-Aunt Marge’s Waltz
“Snape is…”
- Mediva, Viva Mediva: 05-Belicha
A Very Special Filk
- Music by Billy Joel, “She’s Always a Woman to Me”

1. On April 16th, 2008 TJ said:

Woo-hoo! Snapey goodness to listen to while doing homework. You’re not late if we’re going by Pacific Standard Time. ;)

2. On April 16th, 2008 Selina said:

OH MY GOD!!!

*fans self*

*off to download*

3. On April 16th, 2008 Ashley said:

I’m lovin’ ‘Always a Bastard to Me’. Listened to it three times. Always liked the filks though, and I knew I’d love one but still.

Awesome episode, guys!

4. On April 16th, 2008 QB said:

Whee!! *runs in circles for a while* Must go listen now!

5. On April 16th, 2008 Susan said:

Thank you!!!! I love the new episode!!! Just enough to get me through finals!!!

6. On April 16th, 2008 ToriPie said:

Huzzah!

7. On April 17th, 2008 ginger said:

Oh Gods – I thought perhaps the cast got orphaned …. I can put away the box of tissues now. Off to get my share of Snapiness. Hey Chris, if you use your Snape voice I’ll let you whisper in my ear!!!!

8. On April 17th, 2008 Brie said:

I screamed aloud when I saw this post….. You’ve just made state testing a little bit easier.

9. On April 18th, 2008 wharton said:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :)))

10. On April 20th, 2008 steffi said:

DOWNLOAD DOWNLOAD!!~ Yay, Snapecast is back!!!

11. On April 22nd, 2008 Professor Lily said:

I really want to listen, but for some reason, the episode is “greyed out” at iTunes. Is it no longer available there and only available as a direct download here?

Missed you guys!!

12. On April 22nd, 2008 Selina said:

I love this Episode! Just like the Good Old Days :)

I am still listening, savoring every minute of it :)

13. On April 22nd, 2008 Ashley said:

btw, in regards as to how to pronounce Accio (which you brought up), I like to pronounce the A like in Apple, and the cc like ch. I think, at least, it supposed to be ch, because I read in a forum on this topic that that’s the real way to say it. It kinda annoys me any time somebody doesn’t therefore, pronounce it that way, because it’s wrong!

14. On April 28th, 2008 Erin said:

I’ve always pronounced it like they do in the movies. Ack -like you’re retching and io – like the end of cheerio.

15. On May 6th, 2008 Karen said:

Lovely episode! I’m so glad that the Snape-ing continues, even though I’m in Australia and can only hear about the awesome stuff you guys organise.

Severus Snape is probably the secret hero of many a fangirl (and fanboy), and it feels amazing to honour his contribution to fandom, especially when in the distant and oh-so Snape-less future, he’ll be a whisper… a man of legend. We’ve all seen him through his good days and bad, and I at least have disliked, liked and loved him through the telling of his story.

I also have a small request: can the Snape songs you sing on these episodes be made into a fanmix? I think you have great voices, and the lyrics just make me laugh so much. I’d love to listen to them as I wait for your next episodes.

Happy Snape-ing!

16. On September 5th, 2008 Ashley said:

Well, they do tend to do things a bit wrong in the movies, anyway. You’d think with Rowling there as a reference they’d get it right, but I guess she doesn’t mind the small things.

I wish she’d corrected them with Tonks, though, and now with Narcissa!

17. On September 25th, 2009 UltraAmbiguousID said:

Okay, so you had me crying again during the closing song.