// January 9th, 2008

All Aboard!
and Happy Birthday Professor

Direct Download the entire episode 68 MB (2:21:24)

This is Snapecast
– (0:00)

Hosts: Rachael, Becca, Shannon
- JK Rowling & Severus Snape: thoughts on the interview and documentary
- Programming for Snapefest
- Looking back on 1 and 1/2 years of Snape-ing

News for the month of January. (Send your news to snapenews@gmail.com)
- At 8pm EST on January 9, registration opens for Snapefest. We’ll be standing by.
- LJ Community Snapedom kicks off a virtual birthday party for everyone’s favorite Professor.
- Once again Snape was robbed of being named Wizard of the Month.
- Rickman deservedly named one of 100 sexiest movie stars alive by Empire Magazine. (Rowr!)
- Jon resigns in a huff.

PSA: What Would Snape Do? – (19:37)

Snape & – (20:32)
Panel: Becca, Shannon, Rose, Meagan, Gina
- Snape & the Future (Back to the Snapey Future!)
- Sigune’s musings: Pondering JKR’s reason to let Harry live…

Snape & Wrap-up – (44:08)
Panel: Becca, Spanky Wonky
- Snape & Cleanliness

Fan Interview Wrap-Up – (47:34)
Announcer: Gina

Snape Theory Wrap-Up – (50:08)
Announcer: Wendy

Unanswered Questions – (51:31)
Panel: Rachael, Rose, Shannon
- Will we ever know?

Tribute to the Trolls – (1:20:36)
Evil Announcer: Meagan

Ask Snape – (1:21:51)
Voices: Rachael, Meagan, Snarky, Chris
- Questions read by listeners and the Snapecast Staff

Snarky Pages – (1:32:26)
Panel: Rachael, Wendy, Rose
Deathly Hallows
- Page 759

Top Ten Things to Do Once the Regular Snapecast Episodes End – (1:42:39)

Panel: Shannon, Rachael, Becca
- Snape, important from the start.
- Did Snape do enough to redeem himself?
- Howlers and e-mail from the Muggle world.

Snarky Flies the Coop – (2:09:49)
Voices: Shannon, Snarky, Some Odd Bird

Hosts: Rachael, Becca, Shannon
- Get ready to register for Snapefest!
- Look for Snapecast at the PodcastPolooza at Portus in July
- Keep your eyes on http://snapecast.com for updates and info on our next show.
- Always!

At King’s Cross – (2:17:41)
The Snapecast Staff: Becca, Rose, Shannon, Gina, Jeff, Chris, Rachael, Jon, Wendy, Meagan
- To our listeners, thanks for all the Snape-ing…

PSA
- John Williams, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: 09-Dobby the House Elf
Back to the Snapey Future
- Alan Silvestri, Back To The Future [SOUNDTRACK]: 03-Back To The Future
Snape & Wrap-Up
- Shira Kammen, Wild Wood: 13-Rapaz Maneo
Fan Interview Wrap-Up
- Janine Johnson, Chopin Recital: 12-Valse Brilliante Op.18 in Eb major
Snape Theory Wrap-Up
- Human Response, Delirious: 01-Delirious
Unanswered Questions
- Holly Brook, “Curious”
Tribute to the Trolls
- Patrick Doyle, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: 07-Rita Skeeter
Ask Snape
- Ludwig van Beethoven, Symphony No. 5 in C Minor, Op. 67/I. Allegro Con Brio (Complete)
Snarky Pages
Top Ten
- Patrick Doyle, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: 02-Professor Umbridge
Snarky Flies the Coop
- Israel Kamakawiwo’ole, “Somewhere Over The Rainbow”
At King’s Cross
- John Williams, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone: 18-Leaving Hogwarts

1. On January 9th, 2008 Selina said:

NOOOOOOOoooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooOOOOOO!!!

The last Snapecast Episode!

*bursts in tears*

*runs off to download*

I love you guys. Happy Birthday, Severus!

2. On January 9th, 2008 Bat Boogey Hexer said:

Oh!!! I’m going to missssssssss you!!!!!! Happy Birthday Severus: Professor,Headmaster,Healer, and Friend!!!!! (toasting Snape in The Caboose ~ HOOT~HOOT).

3. On January 9th, 2008 Emma said:

i agree with Selina, NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
    Snapecasters you will be missed. 3 cheers for snape and his fandom

4. On January 9th, 2008 Jeff said:

Thanks for all the love and support from you, our fans, for this incredible run! As Rachael says in the show, we’re not going away, we’re just changing things a bit. We’ll do more shows, and there’s SnapeFest to look forward to. :-)

Selina, thanks especially to you for your distinctive nose-contribution to our podcast – lol!

Jeff Snapecast

5. On January 9th, 2008 Jeff said:

Oh wait, that was Sigune!

Jeff

6. On January 9th, 2008 Selina said:

He he I did the banner – Sigune did the nose :)

7. On January 9th, 2008 Snapecast said:

*sips elf made wine and smiles*

Happy Birthday Professor.

Rachael

8. On January 9th, 2008 Michelle said:

OMG, I can believe this is the last episode T_T this was the first and best podcast I’ve ever listened to. *sniff* I cant believe you guys are gonna end it like this… I’ll totally never forget you guys. You guys are the best!! Even you too Snarky <3

9. On January 9th, 2008 Michelle said:

And Happy Birthday Severus <3 We love you

10. On January 9th, 2008 MUHAHAHA said:

I AM NOT GOING TO LISTEN!!!!!!!!! I HAVE TO SAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! NO MORE REGULAR SHOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. On January 9th, 2008 ToriPie said:

Drinking a toast to you WONDERFUL Snapecasters! Thanks for all the snarkiness!
    Happy Birthday to my fave greasy git!
    I’m going to SO miss the podcasts!

Victoria

12. On January 9th, 2008 Susan said:

Am drowning in despair. Thank God I have all of the episodes saved to my i-pod. Happy Birthday, Severus!

13. On January 9th, 2008 blackeyedlily said:

That was a wonderful final regularly scheduled podcast. I’ve been a fan since your first episode and in addition to it just being a blast to listen to, you can really appreciate how much your individual and collective talents have grown. I’ll truly miss looking forward to each new month’s episode, but I will look forward to seeing you all at Snapecast.

14. On January 10th, 2008 Julie said:

About the wedding (James/Lily)… In book 3 Harry looks for a picture of young Sirius in his photo album (Hargrid’s gift I think) and Sirius is Jame’s best man. I think it’s right after Harry hears McGonagall say Sirius is his godfather.So it wasn’t like just a signed parchment, their wedding, I doubt it. Rereading book 3 was a strange experience for me, knowing what I know about Snape/Lily now.

I love this podcast, I hope for more.
    ____________________________________

HA, I knew I’d read something about an actual James/Lily wedding somewhere! Thanks for the heads-up, Julie!

-Becca

15. On January 10th, 2008 Sindie said:

Thanks for all the great Snapecasts over the past couple of years! The journey has been wonderful, so thank you for putting together this podcast and reaching out to Snape fans everywhere! Happy Snape-ing, indeed!

And happy birthday, Severus!

16. On January 10th, 2008 Tarsie said:

So, I was sick with a nasty virus yesterday and slept the day away. So, I didn’t board the train until after lunch today. Merlin, you guys made me cry at the end – did you have to play THAT music? Makes me cry every time! So – the party is still going on in my car… what’s that Snarky? Oh, yeah – pass the bubbly!!!!

17. On January 13th, 2008 Selina said:

I am STILL listening to it! Saving it for as long as possible :)

The Snapes Answers Questions was a blast!

18. On January 13th, 2008 Nevene said:

NOOOOOOOOO
    i think my eyes actually began to water at the end….
    i guess i will just have to re-listen to all the episodes from the beginning

19. On January 14th, 2008 alperry02 said:

I, too, am still listening to the last episode. Trying to draw out the inevitable I guess. I was a moderate Snape fan at best and heard a rec for this show on anther Potter podcast (which I will refrain from naming here). My love for all things Snape has grown exponentially since listening to Snapecast, as has some of my more, urm, perverse tastes such as Snarry fanfic (yeah Rachel!). I have not always agreed with the majority opinion on Snapecast, i.e. all the Lilly-bashing that took place after DH, but could always appreciate the passion and wit with which varying opinions were argued. This is all a long-winded way of saying that I’ll miss you guys and hope to hear from you again soon.

AP

20. On January 15th, 2008 QB said:

I’ve been listening to your last podcast over the last few days (can’t. let. go.) and am of course devastated. Lovely last podcast, but I was sad already and then you played Iz’s “Somewhere over the rainbow”, and good thing you didn’t play it all, because I was tearing up, and that just wouldn’t do. The only thing missing was a song, you know, a silly one to cheer us all up. Silliness soothes the senses.

21. On January 21st, 2008 Glow said:

Great episode! I really enjoyed it, and now I’m going back through some of the previous ones. Thanks so much for such an awesome, Snapey Snapecast! May the Snark be with you!

Love,
    Glow

22. On January 22nd, 2008 TJ said:

It’s been fun, Snapecasters! I look forward to your specially recorded episodes!

23. On January 25th, 2008 Selina said:

I still haven’t finished listening the last episode….. I just cannot get it through. Want to savour every minute :)

24. On January 30th, 2008 pudella said:

Thank you for all the touching and hilarious episodes! Many things about what I thought about the Snape character changed with Book 7, but the book also confirmed other things I had believed to be true about him. I’m still not sure I understand what JK Rowling was thinking writing him as such an engaging character but then focusing on his negative traits in interviews. I feel like she shafted him in the series, but the three brothers underlying theme of the series would have been incomplete without his tragic story. It was a crazy ride…we’ll never again come across a character such as Snape, but will always have great memories. Reading the HP series was the type of unique experience that only comes around a few time per generation.

25. On January 30th, 2008 MarSnape said:

An amazing last scheduled cast loved it all -esp. the Snarky man himself hehehe
    by the way it was Vernon (unsure wether it was Dursley aswell but def. Vernon) on the church book

I’ll Keep Snapeing

26. On November 25th, 2011 Wokanshutaiduo said:

I loved this episode!
    I found it rather interesting how you were talking about how there are people that have kind of jumped on the snape bandwagon post-deathly hallows release. Thats actually pretty true for my friends – although they never became obsesses enough to listen to snapecast! I was rather the opposite – I was a severus fan from almost the beginning (definitely by the time ootp came out), but nobody I knew here was like me – I had no idea that snapecast existed until about a year ago – and I only started listening to them in the last few weeks this summer.
    In contrast, however, I take issue with how people can continue to twist the facts and say that severus is still evil! how is that even possible??

27. On November 25th, 2011 Wokanshutaiduo said:

I just have another quick comment, about James and Lily’s wedding – there was a wedding, because in the books Harry is looking through the photo album, and sees Sirius laughing and smiling as ‘the best man’ – this is after he finds out Sirius is his godfather and the whole Secret-Keeper thing. So yeah, I think Severus definitely would have known about the wedding…