Eins! Zwei! Drei! Snape!
Content for this episode:
This is Snapecast – (0:00)
- Soundbye: Alan Rickman, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
Introduction – (0:58)
Hosts: Rachael, Becca, Meagan
- Grab a pint and celebrate Oktoberfest in Snapey style!
- The state of our Snape-ing: past, present and future
- Snape wearing lederhosen?
- Coming up in this episode…
The Snape Report – (10:00)
News for the month of October.(Send your news to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Snape vidders not thrilled by tentative list of bonus scenes on the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix DVD.
- LJ community colourful_bat is holding a “Beyond the Grave” fest for post-Deathly Hallows Snape/Tonks stories.
- Not to be outdone by the fic writers, many meta essayists have been tackling Snapey issues such as:
How tall is Snape in canon?
Comparing Snape to the Pop-Culture Character Type of the Lonely Nerd
Snape and Purebloods
The influence of Alan Rickman on the Attraction to Snape
Why are Severus Snape’s eyes and hair black?
- LJ user cambryn is hosting a Harry Potter honesty meme that offers Snapefans an opportunity to find out what the Snape fandom really thinks about our beloved Greasy Git in a post-Deathly Hallows world.
- Holy Hungarian Horntails, Snapefans! gin1119 proves that Snape really is Batman with a new video on YouTube!
Snarky Chapters – (13:10)
Panel: Rachael, Meagan, Wendy
- Deathly Hallows – Snape as Headmaster
Chapter 12: Magic is Might
Chapter 19: The Silver Doe
Chapter 30: The Sacking of Severus Snape
Love Potion 9 3/4 – (33:29)
Panel: Gina, Rachael, Shannon, Madelyn
- By Any Other Name
- Fade to Black
- Last Transfiguration
- Thanks for the Mudblood
- Your Parting Mouth (Your Shining Eyes)
- The Words You Borrowed
PSA: Trick-or-Pretzel – (1:03:33)
- Choose your Halloween treats wisely!
Snape & – (1:04:10)
Panel: Becca, Rachael, Shannon, Rose
- Snape & Slytherin
Deathly Owlpost – (1:37:41)
Panel: Shannon, Rachael, Becca, Meagan
- In defense of Dumbledore
- In which we make dire predictesion about the movie versions of “The Prince’s Tale” and “The Flight of the Prince”
- Does Snily add to or detract from Snape’s complexity?
- Howlers and e-mail from the Muggle world.
Closing – (2:01:18)
Hosts: Rachael, Becca, Meagan
- Huzzah, we managed to do a whole episode whilst sober!
- the Headmaster Snape gallery is coming soon to snapecast.com
- Look for plenty of Snape Theory along with a dose of Halloween-y goodness in the next episode of Snapecast!
Magical and Muggle listeners are encouraged to leave comments in our blogs, post to our discussion boards, send us e-mails, or leave us a voicemail. Here’s where you can reach us:
Discussion Boards: Snapecast on Why Snape?
Skype Username: SnapecastTranscripts
-Transcripts of this episode will be available at snapecast.com.
- - Lara St John, Bach Violin Concertos: 01-BWV 1041 : I. Allegro
- The Snape Report
- music by Allan Horn, “Newscast”
- Snarky Chapters
- - Ehren Starks, Lines Build Walls: 01-Lines Build Walls
- Love Potion 9
- - Etta James,
I Just Want to Make Love to You
- - John Williams, Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban: 05-Double Trouble
- - Shira Kammen, Wild Wood: 13-Rapaz Maneo
- - Shira Kammen, Music of Waters: 03-Unconformity
- Snape Drinking Song
- - Traditional, “Beer, Beer, Beer”