// October 1st, 2007

Happy Snapetoberfest!
Eins! Zwei! Drei! Snape!

Direct Download the entire episode – 62 MB (2:09:45)

Hosts: Rachael, Becca, Meagan
- Grab a pint and celebrate Oktoberfest in Snapey style!
- The state of our Snape-ing: past, present and future
- Snape wearing lederhosen?

News for the month of October.(Send your news to snapenews@gmail.com)
- Snape vidders not thrilled by tentative list of bonus scenes on the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix DVD.
- LJ community colourful_bat is holding a “Beyond the Grave” fest for post-Deathly Hallows Snape/Tonks stories.
- Not to be outdone by the fic writers, many meta essayists have been tackling Snapey issues such as:
How tall is Snape in canon?
Comparing Snape to the Pop-Culture Character Type of the Lonely Nerd
Snape and Purebloods
The influence of Alan Rickman on the Attraction to Snape
Why are Severus Snape’s eyes and hair black?
- LJ user cambryn is hosting a Harry Potter honesty meme that offers Snapefans an opportunity to find out what the Snape fandom really thinks about our beloved Greasy Git in a post-Deathly Hallows world.
- Holy Hungarian Horntails, Snapefans! gin1119 proves that Snape really is Batman with a new video on YouTube!

Panel: Rachael, Meagan, Wendy
- Deathly Hallows – Snape as Headmaster
Chapter 12: Magic is Might
Chapter 19: The Silver Doe
Chapter 30: The Sacking of Severus Snape

Love Potion 9 3/4 – (33:29)
Panel: Gina, Rachael, Shannon, Madelyn
- Snape/Lily
- By Any Other Name
- Fade to Black
- Last Transfiguration
- Spirals
- Thanks for the Mudblood
- Your Parting Mouth (Your Shining Eyes)
- The Words You Borrowed

PSA: Trick-or-Pretzel – (1:03:33)
Trick-or-Pretzeler: Munchkin
- Choose your Halloween treats wisely!

Snape & – (1:04:10)
Panel: Becca, Rachael, Shannon, Rose
- Snape & Slytherin

Deathly Owlpost – (1:37:41)
Panel: Shannon, Rachael, Becca, Meagan
- In defense of Dumbledore
- In which we make dire predictesion about the movie versions of “The Prince’s Tale” and “The Flight of the Prince”
- Does Snily add to or detract from Snape’s complexity?
- Howlers and e-mail from the Muggle world.

Hosts: Rachael, Becca, Meagan
- Huzzah, we managed to do a whole episode whilst sober!
- the Headmaster Snape gallery is coming soon to snapecast.com
- Look for plenty of Snape Theory along with a dose of Halloween-y goodness in the next episode of Snapecast!

Love Potion 9
- Etta James,
I Just Want to Make Love to You
PSA
- John Williams, Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban: 05-Double Trouble
Snape&
- Shira Kammen, Wild Wood: 13-Rapaz Maneo
Snape Drinking Song
- Traditional, “Beer, Beer, Beer”

1. On October 1st, 2007 ellen said:

Yay for new Snapecast!
    It’s weird this is a little German themed, because I’m moving there soon.
    Strange…

2. On October 1st, 2007 Anita said:

Two hours Snapecast!!! This makes my entire month, I love you guys! : )

I was quite surprised about the german theme, I am german and my best friend temporarily lives in Munich. *giggle* I`m trying to visualize Snape at the Oktoberfest. *rroarrr* In leather trousers and knee-length socks …

3. On October 1st, 2007 The Phantomess said:

I’ve been a lurking Snapecast listener for a while now, but this time I decided to leave you all some love. Thank you so much for all the snapey goodness!!

~The Phantomess~

4. On October 2nd, 2007 Kyri said:

Props on studying abroad in St. Petersburg! I’m hoping to major in Russian in college and have some friends in St. Petersburg.

Good luck!

By the way, you guys are basically my secret addiction.

5. On October 3rd, 2007 Selina said:

Wow and it’s a long Episode, I must say! I love it! The Snape/Lily discussion is quite good.

And I love how you guys are picturing Snape going out. Me personally, I think that Snape would be into expensive and high class nightclubs and ino Dry Martini – shaken not stirred :)

The name is Snape. Severus Snape.

*hugs*

6. On October 3rd, 2007 Madeline Cady said:

I’m going to Snapecon, that would be wicked!!

7. On October 4th, 2007 silbi said:

i love snapecast! thanks for another great episode.

is there any way i can read sionniann’s fic? i just made a livejournal account but its still a protected entry. please help?

thank you!

8. On October 5th, 2007 Karen said:

Snapecon, such a brilliant idea.

9. On October 6th, 2007 blackeyedlily said:

Another great Snapecast. I wanted to mention that a great Snily story is Unseen by Subversa. It was posted just before Deathly Hallows and very close to the mark. I’m up for a Snape Con. Please plan to hold it in the US. Your Octoberfest song was classic and now it is stuck in my head! Who wrote that? Happy Snapping to all.

10. On October 8th, 2007 Missy said:

I loved this episode. It’s kind of funny because I listened to it all the way through after I got back from a Wedding reception. So this was the first Snapecast episode that I listened to a little drunk.

11. On October 11th, 2007 Sarah said:

Hey, :)

I
    ve also been lurking for a little while and just wanted to let you know that I love the show!
    Keep it up! Please! ;)

12. On October 20th, 2007 Gordania said:

an extra long episode! i loved it, especially the song at the end.

13. On April 23rd, 2008 Ashley said:

I was thinking in regards to Snily, that if Lily had never chosen James, she’d have never had Harry and therefore would never have died. Imagine: if someone used your fic idea and had no one live up to Snape from an early point and then she just stuck with Snape, they could’ve had a happy ending.

14. On November 21st, 2011 Wokanshutaiduo said:

I loved your discussion about what Dumbledore said to Severus about being mis-sorted. I definitely had the same sort of response when I read that scene, and am so glad that other people also read it that way, and also see Dumbledore as being really manipulative and rather (perhaps unintentionally) prejudiced against the slytherins.