// August 15th, 2007

Memento Mori
Black as hell, strong as death, sweet as love

Direct Download the entire episode (1:49:20) 53MB

Hosts: Rachael, Gina, Meagan
- How our reactions have changed now that everything’s sunk in.
- Rachael goes Dutch, Dobby Meagan is free, and Gina is still a widow.
- How RL (including LJ’s recent shenanigans) have influened our reactions.
- Whether our opinions about Snape have changed.
- JKR, pretty please stop giving interviews about Snape!

Announcer: Shannon
News for the second half of July. (Send your news to snapenews@gmail.com)
- Snape may be dead, but he’s alive and kicking (in some sense) on LJ community snape_after_dh.
- For those needing a good cry or laugh about Snape, check out LJ community snapedom.
- Walking the plank is hosting a devilishly tricky post DH canon compliant Snarry fic challenge. Good luck guys!
- Now even the BBC knows about Snapecast.
- The Christian Science Monitor recognizes the relevance of a character like Snape for today’s society.
- Rowling’s former teacher misses the boat on why it’s not such a bad thing to be the inspiration for Snape.
- Severus Snape is now an official cocktail over at drinknation.com.

From Beyond the Veil – (19:53)

Panel: Rachael, Wendy, Shannon, Meagan
Deathly Hallows
-Chapter 1: The Dark Lord Ascending
-Chaper 4: The Seven Potters
-Chapter 5: The Fallen Warrior

This Slytherin Life – (41:01)
Announcer: Becca
Essayist: Mytheos
- Severus Snape, Slytherin Through and Through

Snape & The Future … – (47:24)
Panel: Becca, Rachael, Rose, Gina

Rowling, Rowling, Rowling – (1:06:10)
Filkster: Jeff

Super Delux Deathly Owlpost – (1:08:07)
Panel: Shannon, Rachael, Gina, Meagan
- Howlers and e-mail from the wizarding world.
- Speculations on the potential for a Snape-con.
- Still in need of canon confirmation for gaping holes in Snape’s story.
- Bad, stinky cheese.
- Spotlight on the Slytherin Question.

Hosts: Rachael, Gina, Meagan
- Up next, Episode 22, The Canadian Episode on September 1
- Gina does a little bragging

In Memoriam – (1:37:00)
The Bitter, Bereaved and Bewitched: corvus_coronis, Megan, Luci, HexAdecimal, Michael, Hannah, Emelye, pythia delphi, Those Who Were Loyal, Sigune, Sarah, torenheksje, Grainne, Sylvanawood, Rebecca Redmile
Readers: Jeff, Becca, Rachael, Rose, Gina, Meagan

Information on transcripts, music used in this episode, and how to contact us behind the cut…

LJ:

From Beyond the Veil
- John Williams, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone: 14-Fluffy’s Harp
This Slytherin Life
- Ehren Starks, The Depths of a Year: 01-The tale of room 620
- Patrick Doyle, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: 18-Voldemort
Snape & the Future
- Shira Kammen, Wild Wood: 13-Rapaz Maneo
Rowling, Rowling, Rowling
- Ned Washington and Dimitri Tiomkin, “Rawhide” theme song
Deathly Owlpost
In Memoriam
- Traditional, “Amazing Grace”
- Traditional, “Danny Boy” (Londonderry Air)
- James Horner, Titanic: 15-Hymn to the Sea

1. On August 15th, 2007 Anita said:

Ohhhh myyyyyy … !

Can`t wait to listen to it. I`m just downloading it and plan to share my bed with my ipod and let the Snapecast-Magic wash over me.

I`m so happy right now, I think I`m going to cry.

Tears of joy, baby! :D

2. On August 16th, 2007 siyrean said:

i’m crying now…

3. On August 16th, 2007 Iggy said:

Good podcast. I particularly enjoyed Mytheos’ essay.

The end of the podcast made me cry.
    If anything should be on his tombstone, it should be these lines from “Asphodel, That Greeny Flower”, by William Carlos Williams:

“I cannot say
    that I have gone to hell
    for your love
    but often
    found myself there
    in your pursuit.
    I do not like it
    and wanted to be
    in heaven. Hear me out.
    Do not turn away.
    I have learned much in my life
    from books
    and out of them
    about love.
    Death
    is not the end of it.”

Rest in Peace, Severus. And above all, find love, joy, and happiness. :)

4. On August 16th, 2007 Anita said:

Wow, little did I know, that I would indeed be crying – but rather because of the strong feeling of loss.
    Honestly, the “In Memoriam” Section is overwhelmingly touching. Thank you so much for that, it`s like a podcast-memorial, a place in space for mourning and loving memory.

*sigh*

5. On August 16th, 2007 Nicole said:

I’m crying because I have to wait until I’ve done my daily bit of dissertation work, which could take hours… *sigh* This totally ruins my Snape-summer, I only had four work-free days for all reading and mourning and being depressed, it’s just not enough.

6. On August 16th, 2007 Selina said:

EEEEP! New Episode!!!

*off to download*

7. On August 16th, 2007 Tarsie said:

OK – I haven’t cried about this until now, but your end bit, set to “Amazing Grace” – close to the version used in Star Trek for Spock’s burial – set me off. As a a very, very old Spock fan (I was one way back in 1967) and a very rabid Snape fan (Can I help it if the two are like peas in a pod? They both remind me of my dad – whom I love very much), It brought back the misery I felt at both their deaths. I thought I had dealt with Sev’s death – but apparently not.

If only there was a planet where Sev could be resurrected, like Spock.

Tarsie

8. On August 16th, 2007 Meg said:

How embarrassing… I’ve just gone along and read each of the 7 books and spoke to a few close friends and students (I’m a librarian) about them… then I decided to go online and see what other people were saying… oh my gosh! Then I found this website and others, and lots of fan fiction/art! Hahahaha… I thought I was alone in my Snape obsession (my friends think I’m nuts), but I see I’m not the only one! So I’m lucky in that my HP experience continues a bit further… YAY! THANK YOU!

9. On August 16th, 2007 Erin said:

That was lovely. I loved how serious the whole show kinda was and then right in the middle was “Rowling, Rowling, Rowling.” I love you guys.

10. On August 16th, 2007 Denny said:

I’m gonna be singing ‘Rowling’ for hours now!
    great shows peeps.

11. On August 16th, 2007 Pamela said:

“Here lies Severus Snape – a wizard in love”

12. On August 16th, 2007 Pamela said:

(oops! I hit “submit” too soon). I wanted to add – your show today (8/16) was very moving. Your latest podcasts have brought a lot of depth to Snape’s death. I really appreciate you all talking us through this hard time. I look forward to many more episodes!

13. On August 18th, 2007 DollyHeater said:

Please, can you cover “Snape Lives” fanfics post DH? I love snapecast and NEVER want it to end! Jo gave us plenty of cannon evidence of “Snape Lives” (no body, no portrait, stopper in death quote etc.) we need only ignore her post DH interviews. DeNile—more than a river in Africa! Dolly