// July 15th, 2007

Episode of Doom!
Squeezing in some last minute Snape-ing.

Direct download the entire episode – 52MB (1:49:00)

Hosts: Rachael, Gina, Shannon
- Celebrating Deathly Hallows Eve with plenty of last minute Snape-ing.
- Reflections on the Snapeyness of the fifth movie.
- Rickman continues to rawk, Alec was Snapetacular, and the underpants debate continues…
- Look for Snapecasters at Sectus in London (Rachael, Rose & Chris) and release night events in New York (Gina) and Philadelphia (Shannon & Meagan).

News for the second half of July. (Send your news to snapenews@gmail.com)
- Order of the Phoenix film fails to resolve the Great Snape Underpants Debate.
- Border’s Snape Friend or Foe video available online.
- Hot Topic demonstrates excellent taste and releases t-shirt featuring Snape.
- Despite his very brief appearance in the film, Alec Hopkins continues to steam hearts and inspire fans. Check out the latest LJ community dedicated to the young actor here.
- Dallas Morning News in Texas mistakes Dominatrix!Snape for Latex!Snape.
- Snape superfangirl Rachael got herself hitched on 7/7/07 (but not to Snape!)

Severus’ Spoiler Warning – (17:35)
- Anyone using the Snapecast sites to post spoilerific information will be spanked!
- Snapecast’s Spoiler Policy

Fan Interview – (19:28)
Interviewer: Rachael
Interviewees: Jason Munday and Luke Conrad from The Ministry of Magic.

Snape vs Snape – (36:45)
Performed by: The Ministry of Magic with The Parselmouths.

Prophecy Registration Winner – (41:40)
Announcer: Becca
- Congratulations Larissa!

Snape Bereavement Project Therapy Support Group: Session I – (42:48)
Therapist: Dr. Lookfar
Panel: Gina, Shannon, Rachael, Rose

This Slytherin Life – (1:06:10)
Announcer: Becca
Essayist: Rose
- A call to all to continue to pursue creative expression through Snape.

Fan Interview – (1:09:56)
Interviewer: Shannon
Interviewee: Novelist and essayist, Orson Scott Card.

Top Ten Things Snapefans Will Do to People Who Spoil DH – (1:31:11)

Deathly Owlpost – (1:32:29)
Panel: Shannon, Rachael, Gina
- Howlers and e-mail from the wizarding and Muggle world.
- In which someone violates the Snapecast code of conduct.
- On the future of Snapecast…

Hosts: Rachael, Becca, Shannon
- Our next episode, August 1st, will be all about DH.
- Enjoy Deathly Hallows and see you on the other side of canon!

I AM A SNAPEFAN! – (1:47:10)
Snapefans: Shannon, Gina, Rachael, Rose, Becca, Meagan

Severus’ Spoiler Warning
- Nicholas Hooper, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: 02-Professor Umbridge
Fan Interview I
- Janine Johnson, Chopin Recital: 12-Valse Brilliante Op.18 in Eb major
Prophecy Registration Announcement
- Nicholas Hooper, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: 01-Fireworks
Snape Bereavement Project
- Queen, “Who Wants to Live Forever”
This Slytherin Life
- Ehren Starks, The Depths of a Year: 01-The tale of room 620
- Sonnerie, Worlds First Piano Concertos: 03-Concerto in E flat Op.7 No.5 (Johann Christian Bach)
Fan Interview II
Janine Johnson, Chopin Recital: 12-Valse Brilliante Op.18 in Eb major
Top Ten
- Nicholas Hooper, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: 13-Umbridge Spoils a Beautiful Morning
SNAPEFAN Medley
- Sir Edward Elgar, Pomp and Circumstance Op. 39: March No. 1

1. On July 16th, 2007 AmrywoDdyddiauHeulog said:

Excellent episode as always, Snapecasters. I loved your “I am a Snapefan” segment! The interview with Orson Scott Card was really really wonderful. I’m going to be in New York on Friday night, too and it would be great to be able to tell him that personally but I’m sure it will not be uncrowded there! Safe trip, those of you who are travelling to places far away and we all look forward to your August 1 episode, however the book ends.

2. On July 16th, 2007 ZiLLE said:

What a great episode, guys^^
    I especially liked the group therapy session with Lookfar! Oh, I can’t believe that the End is so near D: *sob* I feel a mix of fear and excitement inside me as DH approaches, but no matter what happens I can’t wait to discuss the book with you guys at Sectus!

See you in a few days :D

3. On July 16th, 2007 JessJoho said:

God I love you guys! Where exactly in Philidelphia will you guys be? I live there, but far from center city so it might be difficult to make it. I really hope you guys will hold some other parties for like HBP (aka Harry Potter and Severus Snape) movie.

4. On July 16th, 2007 Blaise said:

I am absolutely thrilled that I discovered Snapecast. . .you don’t even know. I actually just stumbled upon Snapecast yesterday(lucky me) and have been downloading like crazy so that I might finish all the episodes before the book comes out. This is all just so exciting and extremely depressing at the same time. I almost don’t want to know what happens; just have J.K leave me to my imagination for a few more months. . .or years.

5. On July 16th, 2007 snapes widow said:

I got all choked up during the Snapefan Medley. You guys rock. And…even though I would never spoil, especially on Snapecast, is it possible to still get the punishment? Only if delieverd by a certain ex-death eater, I might add.

——
    I’m sure he’d be more than happy to oblige…

-Snarky

6. On July 16th, 2007 Erin said:

That was great guys. I loved the “I’m a Snape fan” and the wizard rock. You guys do great work. :)

7. On July 16th, 2007 kirsten said:

Great episode the session with Dr Lookfar was very good and appropriate. i just cant believe the end is so near OMG. I loved the Snapefan medley and the interview with Orson Scott Card. keep up the great work.

8. On July 16th, 2007 elvia said:

Another great episode! thank you so much for all the hard work you all put into your wonderful show, it is so much fun to listen to. see you on the other side! yipes!

9. On July 17th, 2007 Emma said:

Before Snapecast my Harry potter fandom experience was no existent! you guys are awesome and complete my fandom obsession, infact you fueled it! i;m gonna miss snapecast :’( The end is WAY too near. You guys rock, thanks for another great episode of snapecast which almost brought me to tears with the realisation of the END….

10. On July 17th, 2007 pudella said:

Funny and fabulous as always! The Orson segment was especially interesting. I didn’t understand the last 10 seconds of the episode though. It’s been a lot of fun listening to Snapecast and I can’t believe the last book is almost here. It’s really eerie to think that whatever we’re thinking now about Snape and the series is going to be different after finding out the truth (I hope) this weekend.

11. On July 18th, 2007 Tashage said:

Fantastic episode as always, guys!!

What bookshop will Wendy be at? I’d love to meet up with a snapecaster on the release day :)

-Tash (Sydney)

12. On July 18th, 2007 Geri said:

Thanks for another great episode! I really loved the Therapy Support Group segment, but I just wanted to say that I’m still writing “Sirius never died in OotP” AU fics, so there’s still a few of us hanging in there, although I admit I don’t see many of those these days. But then, I’ve been living in denial since Book 5 anyway; I didn’t even use the HBP storyline in my Snupin fics, since I had already written that Snape was a pureblood and invented a whole family and background for him. So I expect I will handle Book 7 in the same way if Snape dies: pretend it never happened. ^_^ Although I’ll still cry my eyes out if he dies in the book.
    No offense to Mr. Card, who had some very interesting insights into the story, but I’m still hoping that Snape will survive, and show that people can change and find redemption.

13. On July 18th, 2007 aurostar739 said:

Hey, I’m actually the girl who made that “Escape from Azkaban” video to the song by Ministry of Magic. I thought it was so awesome that Jason and Luke saw my video and thought it was really neat. Anyone who is interested in visiting my myspace site its: http://www.myspace.com/aurostar739

I just posted pictures from the HP5 premier we had. I couldn’t go to the real premier. I just tape Harry Potter posters to my garage door and me and my friends dress up fancy and take pictures. Its fun. Also thank you to the people who actually checked out my Azkaban video after they heard about it on Snapecast! (My real name is Rachel.)

14. On July 18th, 2007 Liv said:

Thanks for another GREAT episode! I
    ve been listening to it on an off all day, so without noticing I got a whole lot of boring stuff done, while enjoying myself thouroughly! At one point I was even exercising my horse while listening.. poor horse must think I
    m crazy squeeing like mad during the “Snape vs Snape” song, and almost crying during the group therapy session.. Anywhoo, excellent episode, and I
    m really looking forward to hearing the next one after the “great release” since I don
    t really have anyone to share my Snape- thoughts and fears with. You guys make my day!!

Hugs from Norway,

Liv

————-
    The Great Release…
    Sounds like an awesome name for an episode.

-Shannon

15. On July 19th, 2007 Carin said:

As the end of canon breathes down our necks (umm, block that metaphor?), I’m feeling the need to go around thanking everybody who’s made my experience of fandom so special. I was never much of a Snaper until Snapecast came along, but you guys have won me over with the snarkiest, best-produced podcast in fandom. Seriously, you guys are smart and thoughtful and have the best collection of podvoices out there. Listening to Snapecast is always an aesthetic pleasure as well as a hoot. Thanks particularly for the interview with OSC and for Rose’s wonderful TSL in this episode. I’m very glad I have the Snapecasters with whom to work through whatever’s coming on Saturday.

16. On July 19th, 2007 wee1 said:

Thanks for the episode. I am seriously considering asking compassionate leave if Snape bites it. Last minute plea for the Half Blood Prince. Two more days…

“Oh, Deatheaters they rob I, took I to the Dark Lord
    Minutes after they took I, to the bottomless pit
    But my waaaaand was made strong, by the strength of the chosen one
    We fastforward this story
    triumphantly
    won’t you help me sing
    those songs of snapedom
    Cause all it ever was
    Redemption song

Emancipate yourselves from Rowling’s slavery
    None but ourselves say who’s god or bad
    Have nor fear for the dark energy
    Cause none of them can stop the time
    ( except for a half hour or so)
    How long shall she kill our prophet
    While we stand aside and look
    Some say it’s just a part of it
    She’s got to fulfil the book
    Won’t you help us sing
    These songs of Snapedom
    All it ever was
    Redemption song
    Redempition song

17. On July 19th, 2007 Ptath said:

I recently found this podcast and have been enjoying it a great deal. I’m very glad to have had it to listen to at work and it has definitely helped me prepare for the release of “Deathly Hallows”. While listening to this episode, I was struck with a sudden thought that I just had to share.

“Snape vs Snape” by the Ministry of Magic was playing and I remembered the suggestion that all the Snape cosplayers at Prophecy (I believe) lip-synch to this song. For some reason, I was suddenly struck with a vision of a line of Snape cosplayers do the can-can to this song. It was both amusing and disturbing all at the same time.

18. On July 21st, 2007 wee1 said:

Now we know. No, there will be no spoiling. Just.. now we know.

19. On July 23rd, 2007 Tashage said:

Perfect.

20. On July 28th, 2007 Snapecast Episode 19: 15 July 2007 and a bye-bye to Rachael at jeffrags.com said:

[...] Snapecast Episode 19 [...]

21. On July 31st, 2007 Ven said:

You fan girls are rockin’ geniuses! I laugh and cry through every episode! I just discovered you recently, as I prepped for DH and OOTP flick by re-reading books 5 & 6.

I came into Fandom via V for Vendetta, (see Ladies of the Shadow Gallery) and am delighted to find this incredible burgeoning world of creativity and passion.

I am itching for tomorrow’s show, in the new light of the awesome finale JKR has given us.

Rock on, SnapeFans!

22. On August 12th, 2007 Isto said:

Just found that site and heard this episode. You are just great. Have to hear all the other episodes, too.
    Many greetings from Germany and thanks for making that cool snape podcast!!!!!