// July 1st, 2007

Approaching Climax!
We FINALLY kissed the teacher…

Direct download the entire episode – 54MB (1:53:52)

Hosts: Rachael, Wendy, Meagan
- The Snapecast Transcripts are finally HERE!!
- Shoutout to the Troll Team (Ya’ll rawk! Now back to work!)
- Keep your eyes peeled for episodes on July 15th, August 1st and August 15th
- Unbreakable vows, drunken debauchery and pet neglect: How Snapecasters will celebrate and savor the release of DH
- Speculations on a Snape-ride at the Harry Potter Theme Park (After all, who wouldn’t want to go for a ride on Snape’s broom..)

News for the month of July. (Send your news to snapenews@gmail.com)
- Decorate your desktop with a little Snapetacular eye-candy, thanks to Warner Bros.
- Drool over photos of Alan Rickman as Snape in Entertainment Weekly.
- The Onion reports potential “Snape-Rape” spoilers for Book 7. (The Onion? Srsly guys, leave the Snape-ing to us experts.)
- Alec Hopkins’ fansite starting to amass a substantial following.
- Young Snape featured as a recent theme on the adult fanart community smut_wednesday.
- Still in need of something Snapey to wear this summer, then check out the schwag at The Cult of Snape.
- For those planning to be in London for Sectus, check out all the Snapey meetups, and say hello to the Snapecast crew.
- Enjoy a little pocket snarking action with Borders’ Snape Action Figure.

Harry says ‘Hi’ – (15:10)
- Because nothing would irritate Snape more: Podcast Awards nominations open July 1st- July 15th

Panel: Rachael, Becca, Wendy, Meagan
-Half Blood Prince
- Chapter 27 – The Lightning Struck Tower
- Chapter 28 – The Flight of the Prince

A Letter from Uncle Albus – (41:05)
- Because Snapecast is practically a religious experience: Podcast Awards nominations open July 1st- July 15th

Fan Interview – (42:41)
Interviewer: Gina
Interviewee and Theorist: Jodell from Red Hen Publications

A Special Announcement from Snarky – (59:33)
Voice: Snarky
- Because Rose promised Snarky more pretzels: Podcast Awards nominations open July 1st- July 15th

Love Potion 9 & 3/4 – (1:00:39)
Panel: Gina, Rose, Becca, Shannon
Special Guest: LariLee
Snape/Hermione
- The Buried Life by Kalina
- Chaos Is Come Again by Aashby
- Cloak of Courage by WendyNat
- Compelling the Heartby Auror Borealis (membership required)
- A Fate Worse than Death by Snarkypants
- Forget-Me-Not by vanityfair
- Grasping at Normality by KazVL
- Heart Over Mind by Regann
- Hinge of Fate by Ramos
- I, Snape by April Grey
- In Annulo by ladyofthemasque
- Letter from Exile One Merciful Morning by TextualSphinx
- The Not-So-Comprehensive Guide to Hermione/Severus Cliches in Fanfiction by Electryone
- Other Side of Darkness by Abby
- Pawn to Queen by Riley
- Recognition by Jezzie
- Send Not to Know by Subversa
- The Tracker by Sinhobado
- Tyger!Tyger! by Bloodcult of Freud
- Idols of Perversity by Bloodcult of Freud
- Vanity by wartcap
- A Walking Shadow by Ariadne
- SS/HG fanart by _odella_

Archives
- Know It Alls (reviews only)
- Ashwinder
- Witchfics
- WIKTT archives
- Petulant Poetess
- HG-SS Library
- HG/SS Digest
- HGxSS LJ
- grangersnape100

A Public Announcement from “a Concerned Slytherin” – (1:24:45)
- Because Snape said so: Podcast Awards nominations open July 1st- July 15th

Panel: Shannon, Rachael, Wendy, Meagan
- Howlers and e-mail from the Muggle world.
- Advice on making your own underpants gray.
- In which we have a deep discussion about the state of Snape’s underpants soul.
- What exactly are the criteria for being a bonder for an unbreakable vow?

Hosts: Rachael, Wendy, Meagan
- Stay tuned for the Episode of Doom our very last pre DH episode on July 15th!

Listener Theory Medley – (1:46:32)

Harry says ‘Hi’
- Patrick Doyle, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: 14-Underwater Secrets
A Letter from Uncle Albus
- John Williams, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone: 14-Fluffy’s Harp
- Janine Johnson, Chopin Recital: 12-Valse Brilliante Op.18 in Eb major
A Special Announcement from Snarky
- John Williams, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: 02-Aunt
Marge’s Waltz
Love Potion 9 and 3/4
Etta James, “I Just Want to Make Love to You”
A Public Announcement from “A Concerned Citizen”
- John Williams, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: 08-The Dueling Club
Listener Theory Medley
- John Williams, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: 09-Secrets of the Castle
- John Williams, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone: 13-The Invisibility Cloak- The Library Scene
- John Williams, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone: 18-Leaving Hogwarts
- John Williams, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: 14-Meeting Tom Riddle
- John Williams, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: 07-A Window to the Past

1. On July 1st, 2007 jehove said:

Ahh… Finally! Really can’t wait to hear the SS/HG section. :)

2. On July 1st, 2007 ZiLLE said:

Oh, what a great episode!! I just stayed in bed listening to this with my eyes closed and a slight smile on my lips.

*sighs* And you guys had me basically in tears all through the last segment with all the theories. I can’t believe that the end is so close now..

And, woohoo to the shout out to the trolls :D I just got my t-shirt the other day and I haven’t been wearing anything else since :D

3. On July 1st, 2007 Liv said:

GREAT episode!! I had to work today (sunday) but it totally didn
    t matter since I knew there was a new episode waiting for me at the office =) And it was so loooong too, yey!! Thanks for making my day! Liv (Norway)

4. On July 1st, 2007 Erin said:

UGH! iTunes wont let me download again so I’m having to direct download onto Windows Media Player. But I’m really looking forward to listening to the newest episode.

5. On July 1st, 2007 Anita said:

Wow!
    What a treat! Almost two hours filled with Snape-a-rific topics. : ) I already listened to it twice since this morning and at the end of it I always get really teary. *sniff*

Loved the Snape-Hermione part … *rrroarrrrr*

Can`t wait for another episode but meanwhile this will be my daily “smart drug”!

Anita (Germany)

6. On July 1st, 2007 Beck said:

Hey Guys,

Yay another episode! This month seems to have dragged on. Anyway just thought I would send a note about a problem I have had in the last couple of months when I have tried to download snapecast it takes at least 3 goes to be able to download the entire episode. This one when I first downloaded it gave me 1hour and 5mins of the eppisode the next time 1hour and 30mins and its just by luck that i got the whole eppisode on the third go. I was wondering is there any way to be able to get the whole eppisode on the first go? Its only just started to happen with the last 3 episodes.

Thanks
    Beck, Australia

7. On July 2nd, 2007 Emma said:

yay! another ep!
    you guys really are slave drivers for us poor transcription trolls lol, just kidding, it’s always fun to transcribe especially when it’s a bit with Becca and Racael. I love the snapecast shirt :D …off to listen.

Emma(Sydney, Australia)

8. On July 2nd, 2007 kirsten said:

Great episode, i loved the SS/HG Love Potion 9 and 3/4.

9. On July 2nd, 2007 Erin said:

Awesome episode even though I’m not a Hermione/Snape person, at all, I still enjoyed your other segments. And my heart skipped a beat when you read my letter. :)

10. On July 3rd, 2007 Caroline A said:

Do any HG/SS shippers feel vindicated by Evanna Lynch’s confession that she ships Dumbledore and Luna?

Great episode, I have been waiting for this Potions 9 3/4s for so long. I didn’t get to listen to the episode in the bath as I normally do, but I still feel great after my listen!!!

Thanks!

Caroline

11. On July 3rd, 2007 Nancy said:

I too have been having many problems downloading the episode. I can’t get more than 15 minutes or so through itunes or via direct download. I haven’t had this problem before with Snapecast, have you changed servers or something? Please let us know if there is a reason for this, we would all really like to listen to the episode.

———————
    For those having trouble, Jon has posted the two most recent episodes to a mirror site here: http://voigt.datavibe.net/snapecast.html

-Shannon

12. On July 3rd, 2007 Christine said:

First of all, thank you so much for the wonderful episode and the highly anticipated Serverus/Hermione Love Potion 9 3/4. For the lack of HG/SS fan art, I would love to derect all of you to a wonderful artist named Melanie whose work resides at http://usagistu.deviantart.com/

She is a very talented artist and has some great work for fanfiction (Phantom of Hogwarts, What E’er Therein Is Promised, A Bit of Before Bed Reading, Luring the Enchantress, Dances with Witches, and the List goes on).

Love you guys and can’t wait for your next show!
    XOXO
    Chrissy :)

13. On July 4th, 2007 bea! said:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AT LAST!!!!!!! SEVVIE AND MIONE!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!
    OMG GUYS, I WAS STARTING TO THINK THAT U WOULDN’T DO A SS/HG ON LOVE POTION 9 3/4!!!

14. On July 4th, 2007 harmony_bites said:

KazVL aka Kaz2 is author of “Falling Further In” a WIP that is foundational to the ship–one of the first SSHG I ever read and still my favorite–it can be found on FFN, Fiction Alley, and Obscuros Books, as can a wonderful SSHG short story “Who by Fire”, another classic. However, she is NOT the author of “Grasping at Normality” and its sequel. That is a Kaz, but a different Kaz.

15. On July 7th, 2007 AmrywoDdyddiauHeulog said:

Three comments: I bookmarked every one of those SS/HG fics, but Letter from Exile seems to have had its page removed. I like the Severus/Hermione ship because we already know them as characters and so authors do have to make their characters comply at least to some degree with canon and it usually takes longer. The third comment concerns the “If Snape were Canadian” round table. I love it! But are we talking politically, culturally, Severus and the Marauders as an allagory of Canada and the US … … you guys can frame it any way you like! Snapecast is two–(you could do it! just another fifteen minutes’ worth of theories, owls or those ridiculous wonderful, what would you call them? The podcast awards for example! Or “Where’s Dumbledore”)–of the best hours of podcast-listening on the internet. Oh, just one more comment: Are you ever going to publish the filks we only get to hear ten seconds of? Snape the Musical or the Christmas ones?

16. On July 9th, 2007 Snapecast Episode 18: 1 July 2007 at jeffrags.com said:

[...] penultimate Snapecast ere the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, this episode focuses on the Snape/Hermione ’ship. [...]

17. On July 13th, 2007 Bat Boogey Hexer said:

When and where can we get the SnapeCast underpants??? Maybe we can even get sweatpants/yogapants/PJs!!!!!

18. On July 13th, 2007 Lisa said:

What a great podcast! I’m kicking myself because I only just discovered you guys. But, I am currently downloading most of your previous shows because I enjoyed your most recent show so much! I’m in heaven listening to you. A podcast just for Snape. What else could anyone ask for?