// May 1st, 2007

Giving You Another Reason to Procrastinate During Final Exams
Download
(42MB, 88:57)

Hosts: Rachael, Rose, Chris
- Snape meetups and other Snapetacular activities at Phoenix Rising.
- Latex Snape.
- British boarding schools and spanking?

News for the month of May. (Send your news to snapenews@gmail.com)
- Borders Bookstore continues to fan Snape hysteria with the release of the book, “The Great Snape Debate”.
- Order of the Phoenix trailer seriously lacking in Snape underpants action.
- Images of Snape from the soon to be released Harry Potter video game get us all stirred up.
- Scribbulus essay by Dr. Cynycal,“Snape: Good or Bad or Good in Bed?”, totally misses the point. We don’t ever want to get over Snape!
- Thanks to snapefanatic Trekkiegrrrl’s amazing Snape bento box, Snape never looked so edible.

Snapecast Store – (14:16)
Announcer: Gina
- Haven’t you always wanted Snape’s nose pressed against YOUR chest?

Panel: Rachael, Becca, Jackie, Rose, Shannon
-Half Blood Prince – Spinner’s End Part I

The Top 10 Things Snape Does in Fanfic He Won’t Do in DH – (43:05)

Love Potion 9 & 3/4 – (44:43)
Panel: Gina, Rose, Shannon, Rachael
Snape/Lupin
- Snupin Resources: Snupin Library, Master & The Wolf, Snupin Central, lupin_snape community on LJ, Moonshadow Archive, snupin100 drabble community
- The Way of the World
- Every Snupin Ever Written
- Wolf Masterson
- Additional Snupin rec’s
- A Method of Annulment
- Apt Pupil
- Apology
- Becoming Neville

“Fandom Going Out of Business Greying Underpants Sale” Contest Winners – (58:38)
Announcer: Wendy
- 1st place – The Sallow-tone Boy by the_bitter_word
- 2nd place – Undi-masks by smarmypenguin
- 3rd place tie- Super Snape by aleoninc
- 3rd place tie – Briefs of Glory by _vocalion_

Panel: Shannon, Rachael, Rose
- Howlers and e-mail from the Muggle world.
- In which we discuss the significance of the COLOR of Snape’s underpants and the deliciousness of Canadian Oreos.
- Calling all Canadians (and Canadian wannabes)…

Hosts: Rachael, Rose, Chris
- Up next, a special Pre-Phoenix Rising Bonus Episode.

Snape Bereavement Project – (1:26:51)
Announcer: Rachael
- Stage III – Bargaining

Information on transcripts, music used in this episode, and how to contact us behind the cut…

-Transcripts of thise episode will be available at snapecast.com.

Snapecast Store
- Madonna, “Dress You Up”
Top Ten
- Patrick Doyle, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: 07-Rita Skeeter
Love Potion 9 & 3/4
- Etta James, “I Just Want to Make Love to You”
Contest Update
- John Williams, Harry Potter and the Scorcerer’s Stone: 11-Christmas at Hogwarts
Snape Bereavement Project
- Charles Gounod, Faust: 2-Adagio Animato

1. On May 1st, 2007 ZiLLE said:

Great show, guys!^^

I loved the Snupin segment. I’ve have never really read any fics of that ship, but I think that I will have a go after listening to your show :)

Again, great job, as always!

2. On May 1st, 2007 ZiLLE said:

and, of course, the Spinner’s End discussion was so interesting! I can’t wait for the next instalment :D

3. On May 1st, 2007 Emily said:

Yay new episode!! I’m gonna download it as soon as I get out of school!!!

I’m working on a Detention Intervention segment for y’all…had a family crisis that put it off…I’ll get it to y’all for the June episode!!!

4. On May 1st, 2007 Erin said:

Hmm, I’m not getting an option to download on iTunes and it’s not working when I click Direct Download nothing happens. :(

5. On May 2nd, 2007 Shelly said:

Hey guys!
    I just wanted to let you know how great it is to be getting a new SnapeCast in time for finals. I was working hard, but I’m now planning the new episode into my study schedule! I can’t wait, and thanks so much! You’re freaking awesome!!

6. On May 2nd, 2007 Nicole said:

You guys rock, seriously!
    I’m so addicted that I went out yesterday though I was ill just to download the new episode! (not having internet at home sucks!). My environment is very anti-Snape but Snapecast definetly improves my situation (and my English, at least that’s my excuse).

7. On May 2nd, 2007 Erin said:

Why must my computer be all mean today. I’m going to be on a bus for two hours tomorrow and I wont be able to listen to snape cast.

8. On May 4th, 2007 Geri said:

Thanks so much for the Snupin segment; I’m a huge Snupin fan, so I really loved it! I’ve heard people say that it’s hard to picture Snape and Lupin getting together because of Snape’s grudge against Lupin from their school days, but to me that’s part of the fun in reading or writing Snupin, seeing how they overcome their past. The Snarky Chapters segment was great, too, and the Snape bento was very cute!

Thanks again for a great episode!

9. On May 4th, 2007 chunkyrice13 said:

Thanks for covering Snupin! You guys did a great, thoughtful job covering a pairing that I know isn’t any of your favorites. You covered all of the deeper reasons (symetry, mutual history, a sense of balence, the possibility of redemption) why I think the pairing appeals. And good choice rec-ing for The Way of the World, the best Snupin ever.

I wanted to add a little cannon Half Blood Prince stuff I didn’t hear you hit. First, there’s the Christmas scene, where Lupin tries to explain to a skeptical Harry that no, he doesn’t hate Snape. Second, check out Lupin’s reaction to hearing that Snape killed Dumbledore. He has this uncharacteristic breakdown, which I really think is partly about how apparently wrong he’s been about Snape.

They’re just so connected, both by their past and their carefully closed off approach to relationships. It’s the most redemptive ship, I think.

10. On May 4th, 2007 Erin said:

It works! Finally! Amazing episode as usual.

11. On May 7th, 2007 Selina Enriquez said:

Oh my! Is it Episode 15 already? My Goodness, I have been so busy with working on graphic design that I barely was online. *off to download the Episode*

*hugs all*

12. On April 27th, 2009 Brodie said:

This is just so great to be able to listen to other peoples views on Snape. He’s my favourite character as well. As a 15 year old sport fanatic, my friends think it weird for me to read to much on Harry Potter. But I can’t help it. (Shrugs)
    Its kinda embrassing cause I have a really mad crush on Severus Snape but he not even real. Tehe. Arewell.
    My favourite ‘Snape’ moment when Snape said he had always cared for Harry. I cried even harder. But I loved the book.

Great to listen to you guys. Thannks alots.

Commenting all the way from New Zealand..