// April 1st, 2007

!looF lirpA
Direct Download the entire episode – 40MB (1:24:07)

Here we go again… (Beam me up Scotty!) – (0:00)
- Soundbye: Alan Rickman, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s StoneIntroduction – (0:52)
Hosts: Rachael, Becca, Gina
- Rachael’s back! (Hide the children)
- Gina reveals all – Severus Snape is an inconsiderate lover!

No News is Good News – (5:34)
Serious Newsguy: Jon
Awesomesauce Weathergirl: Shannon
News for the month of April. (Send your news to snapenews@gmail.com)
- The Baltimore Sun exhibits excellent taste by publishing an article all about the allure of Snape.
- Snapecast to sponsor Dark Revel at Phoenix Rising.
- Get your own Snapecast t-shirt at the Snapecast Cafepress Store.
- New LJ Community for those who like to see Severus tormented by the Marauders.
- Medieval Snape Snapeart Contest Deadline April 20
- Deathly Hallows cover revealed – experts agree, not nearly Snapetacular enough.

Nimrod 2000 – (10:02)
Smooth Voiced Announcer: Rose
- Because everyone’s ass deserves a new broom.

Snapecast T-shirts are Hawt! – (11:20)
Sexy Announcer: Gina
- http://www.cafepress.com/snapecast

Panel: Rachael, Becca, Wendy, Jackie
-Order of the Phoenix – Snape’s Worst Memory

Napolean House – (35:33)
Evil Announcer: Rose
- Book now for your next Dark Revel!

Spunky’s Ever-Cleaning Dirty Dishes – (36:16)
House-elves: Dinky, Pinky
- You’ll be washing ’till the end of time.

S.N.A.P.E. Art Contest Roundtable – (37:50)
Host: Rose
Panel: _vocalion_, the_bitter_word, sylvanawood of The Society for Nonsensical ArtPad Enthusiasts
- – Participate in “The Fandom Going Out of Business Grey Underpants Sale” Challenge

This Filking Life – (54:20)
Intro: Becca
Filkstress: Emily
- Snapealicious

Contest Update – (58:38)
Most Aussilicious Announcer: Wendy
- Snarky Snap 1
- Snarky Snap 2

PSA: Semper Ubi Sub Ubi (Always Wear Underwear) – (59:41)
Underhanded Announcer: Rose
- Cover your ass!

Panel: Shannon, Rachael, Becca, Gina
- Howlers and e-mail from the Wizarding and Muggle world.
- In which we speculate about the role of Fawkes and time-turners in the final book.
- Speaking of Snape and fashion…

Is it over yet? – (1:19:52)
Hosts: Rachael, Becca, Gina
- Up next, Snape-mania (in which we finally tackle The Half-Blood Prince).
- Love Potion – all about Snupin.

Snape Bereavement Project – (1:22:40)
Level-headed Announcer: Rachael
Furious Fangirl: Jackie
- Stae II – Anger

Information on transcripts, music used in this episode, and how to contact us behind the cut…

LJ: http://snapecast.livejournal.com
-Transcripts of thise episode will be available at snapecast.com.

Here we go again…
- Hampton the Hampster, “The Hamsterdance Song”
No News is Good News
Sam Cook, “Ain’t that Good News”
Nimrod 2000
- Dixie Chicks, “Cowboy Take Me Away” (Sample)
- The Fruit Guys, “You Can’t Overlove”
Snapecast T-shirts
- Madonna, “Dress You Up”
- 2 in a Room, “Wiggle It”
Napolean House
- Loius Armstrong, “Do You Know What it Means to Miss New Orleans”
Spunky’s Ever-Washing Dirty Dishes
- Don Ho, “Tiny Bubbles”
Snapeartcontest Roundtable
- KC and the Sunshine Band, “(Shake Shake Shake) Shake Your Booty”
Snapealicious
- music by Fergie, ” Fergalicious”
Contest Update
- Pseudo Echo, “Funky Town”
Always Wear Underwear
- REO Speedwagon, “Time for Me to Fly”
- Sir Mix-a-Lot, “Baby Got Back”
Snape Bereavement Project
- Prokofiev: Romeo and Julie, Op. 64-Suite 2 No. 1 Montague and Capulets

1. On April 1st, 2007 eiraM said:

Awesome ep, one of your best! This was probably the LAST thing I’d ever expect to be in the introduction for a podcast about Snape. And I look forward to all the snarky chapters!! Not to mention that I was really excited you had the music from the Montague and Capulet scene, that’s one of my favourites!!

Snapealicious greetings,

Marie

2. On April 1st, 2007 ZiLLE said:

great episode, you guys! :D

I listened to it while I was on the train. People kept turning their heads ’cause I laughed out loud all the time ^___^

and the whole theory about Fawkes and Snape was so interesting! I’d never thought about that before, but now I can see it so clearly. I’m still afraid that it won’t save dear Snape, though :’(

3. On April 1st, 2007 sandstar08 said:

YES!! I GOT ON!! WOOT!!! This is the best weekend EVER! *dances*

hm? you want me to stop dancing? why?…

indecent public demonstrations? i’ll show you indecent public demonstrations… james potter’s hair was an indecent public demonstration.

*grumble*

oh yes! hi to rose. thanks for the autograph and the pictures with snarky from the harry and the potters concert on the 7th. my brother and i printed ours out and stuck them on our respective bedroom walls.

cheers!

4. On April 1st, 2007 Erin said:

Snapecast just keeps getting better with time. Like wine or beer. Depending on what your into. I loved the episode! Great work.

5. On April 2nd, 2007 Hannah said:

Yey, new ep!
    Can
    t wait to walk home from work and listen to it =)

6. On April 2nd, 2007 Emily said:

Hey!! I loved this episode!! I just decided to break the thing, and yea, I’m going to confession on Friday lol!!!!

SNAPEALICIOUS DEFINITION: MAKE SNAPECAST GO CRAZY!!!!!

I’ll definitely be making more Snape songs!!!

I got my chair testing results back…15th chair…not too happy…oh well thanks for the shoutout!!! I’m sorry, I couldn’t resist our smexy potions master!!

Snapealicious cheers!

~Em

7. On April 3rd, 2007 Selina Enriquez said:

Oooh a new Episode! Yay!!!

*off to download*

Happy Easter everyone!!! :) :) :)

8. On April 4th, 2007 Alex said:

that april fools joke was just plain mean. you owe everyone an apology. Besides that this was the best episode yet! The owl post was very good!!! I loved the snarky bits! thanks you guys rock!

9. On April 11th, 2007 brucebat said:

I loved this episode! Wow! I think it was one of the best yet, guys!
    (With the possible exception of Snape’s answering machine. LOL)

The discussion about “Snape’s Worst Memory” was fabulous!

I wonder sometimes if Snape might also consider this one of his worst memories because he didn’t do very well on his O.W.L.’s? Perhaps he didn’t do well in one of the subjects (like silly wand waving) and therefore couldn’t study to be an auror. Snape shows his desperation in POA…he thought he was so close to getting the Order of Merlin. He is also very curt in HBP when discussing Harry becoming a auror. And finally, his horror at having to “kill” (mercifully, I might add) Dumbledore… which seals his fate as the villian and not the hero.

Or maybe I’m just a fan-girl. ;)

10. On April 12th, 2007 wee1 said:

Brilliant episode, as always.

11. On April 13th, 2007 princesssnape said:

You got me …13 days late! I’ve been away, and didn’t have a chance to listen…forgot about April fools and bought the introductory episode of snapecast hook, line and sinker! I was sooooo distraught. I LOVE THIS PODCAST AND ALL THE MODERATORS! YOU DO EXCELLENT WORK!!!

12. On April 27th, 2007 Ginger Gargoyle said:

Okay I’ve been thinking of this for a while, and I’m hoping you all get this in time to discuss it on your next podcast…because I would love to hear your opinions on this issue as fellow Snape lovers–I already got shouted down on the WB boards when the book first came out by all those Harry-loving-lemmings.

Your last “Snarky Chapters” was about Snape’s Worst Memory…but I keep thinking that maybe it isn’t the worse memory that Mr. Sexual-Tension had but rather it was the worse one that Harry could have seen. After all Harry learns a lot about the way his father REALLY was.

Snape didn’t do anything and he got to see how Sirius and James bullied him for no other reason than “he exists”. The memory made him question the relationship between his parents, it made him question his father’s true nature, and it justified many of Snapey’s feelings/attitude towards James & Sirius.

So the follow up question is, why would Snape want to remove it, instead of keeping it in his head for Harry to find? And being it was in Alby’s pensieve my guess is that DD made Snape put it in there–but never said that Snape had to put it where Harry wouldn’t find it….and of course…Harry being Harry….well, he knew Harry would never be able to resist so he kept it where he knew Harry was sure to find it.

Remember it was Snape that left the logic problem in the SS/PS….I bet he’s one heck of a chess player.

13. On July 3rd, 2007 Megan said:

I know I’m pretty late but while I was listening to this edition of Snapecast I remembered that in the first movie with the Mirror of Erised Dumbledore said to Harry “There are different ways of becoming invisible besides an invisibility cloak.” or something along those lines. This could go along the lines of your theory of Snape being a Godric’s Hallow, maybe Snape was there but not under an invisibility Cloak but there by the same spell that Dumbledore used while going to the Mirror of Erised.

Well I hope you can use this to further analyze Snape,
    Megan