// March 1st, 2007

Beware of the Ides of March Snark!
Download the entire Episode – 45MB (1:34:35)

-Soundbyte: Alan Rickman, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone

Hosts: Jonathan, Meagan, Shannon
- The Snapecast coup – Rachael has been dethroned! (At least until she finishes the bar exam.)
- Coming up in this episode
- Help wanted! We’re looking for a few hard-working Snapefans.
- Reactions to the DH release date.

Announcer: Rachael
News for the month of March. (Send your news to snapenews@gmail.com)
- Another year older and as sexy as ever: Alan Rickman turned 61 on February 21st.
- NECA‘s new Snape action figure unveiled.
- The recent release of a close-up of young Snape on HarryLatino.com has fans either swooning over his greasy hair or questioning whether his nose is really big enough.
- In LJ news changingfacades is a new postwar Snupin community, colourful_bat, a new Snape/Tonks, community just completed its first anti-V-day challenge, and sshg_exchange recently completed sign-ups for Summer 2007.
- Borders seems to be getting on the Snape-lovin’ bandwagon and are sponsoring the Great Snape Debate as well as a Quidditch team at Phoenix Rising!

How Grey is Snape Snippet – (13:34)
Host: Rachael
Snape is Evil Perspective: Jackie & Mytheos
- Order of the Phoenix

Open Call for Snarky Transcription Trolls – (15:31)
Announcer: Meagan
- If interested E-mail severus@snapecast.com, subject line: Transcription Help

Snape & – (15:58)
Panel: Becca, Meagan, Kim from Spinnerscast
-Snape & Treachery and Betrayal
- ’cause things get kinda complicated, Meagan drew some diagrams

How Grey is Snape Snippet – (38:11)
Host: Rachael
Snape is Evil Perspective: Jackie & Mytheos
- Half-Blood Prince

This Slytherin Life – (44:43)
Intro: Jeff
Essayist: Peg Kerr
- Choosing the Heart of Flesh over the Heart of Stone

Help Us With Our Website – (50:03)
- If interested E-mail severus@snapecast.com, include links to examples of your work

Love Potion 9 & 3/4 – (50:44)
Panel: Gina, Rose, Shannon, and Robert of Spellcast
The Spy Who Shagged Me & Betrayal, Deception and Infidelity in Snape Fics
- Chaos is Come Again
- Cloak of Courage
- Loves Labours Paradise Lost
- But You Alone
- My Happy Ending
- On the Theme of Infidelity
- Knight Errant Chronicles
- I Have Many Skills
- Rom to My Private Dungeon

Contest Update – (1:12:40)
Announcer: Wendy

Panel: Shannon, Jonathan, Meagan
- Severus Snape, the Benedict Arnold of Harry Potter?
- In which we discuss what wizards wear under their robes.
- Howlers and e-mail from the Muggle world

Hosts: Jonathan, Meagan, Shannon
- Up next: something snapey is afoot.

Snape Bereavement Project – (1:32:00)
Announcer: Rachael
Bereft: Wendy
- Stage I: Denial

Magical and Muggle listeners are encouraged to leave comments in our blogs, post to our discussion boards, send us e-mails, or leave us a voicemail. Here’s where you can reach us: Website/Blog: http://snapecast.com
LJ: Snapecast

-Transcripts of this episode will be available at snapecast.com .

How Grey is Snape
- Ani DiFranco, ‘Grey’
Open Call for Snarky Transcription Trolls
- Patrick Doyle, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: 05-Foreign Visitors Arrive
Snape &
Shira Kammen, Wild Wood: 13-Rapaz Maneo
This Slytherin Life
- Ehren Starks, The Depths of a Year: 01-The tale of room 620
- Loreena McKennitt, ‘Between the Shadows’
Web Designer Ad
- Styx, ‘Mr. Roboto’
Love Potion 9 & 3/4
- Etta James, “I Just Want to Make Love to You”
Contest Announcement
- Artie Shaw & his Orchestra, “Non-Stop Flight”
Shira Kammen, Music of Waters: 03-Unconformity
Snape Bereavement Project
- Beethoven: 04 Piano Sonata No. 14 (Quasi una Fantasia) In C Sharp Minor, Op. 27 No.2

Special thanks to Quinlan Road for their kind permission to use ‘Between the Shadows’ by Loreena McKennitt from the album The Visit.

Please visit www.magnatune.com to listen to and purchase many of the other fabulous pieces of music you hear on Snapecast. Snape may be evil, but they are not.

1. On March 1st, 2007 Lumi said:

Yay, new Snapecast! I so needed this tonight, thanks! Greetings from snowy Finland, too:-)

————-
    Wooh-hoo! Another Scandinavian Snapefan! Hi From rainy southern Sweden!

-Shannon

2. On March 1st, 2007 Selina Enriquez said:

Oooh I’m looking forward to hear it! As soon as I finished with all my illustration work (and that’s A LOT), I’m off to listen to Snapecast Episode 13.

*hugs you all*

3. On March 2nd, 2007 Robin said:

Well, I confess I skipped ahead to the contest results. Sweet! I’ll give it a proper listen today, I’ll have time, a tornado visited where I work last night.

4. On March 3rd, 2007 margot said:

hey guys! great episode XD

actually there are some evil!snape fics ;) most are dark and angsty (my fav kind of slash >D) and I find that these have the best canon-ish snape.
    Some which broke my heart are Switchknife’s “Prisonnier de Guerre” (hard non-con, violence), or the first part of “The Chocolate Series” by Dianann (“An AU set after the events of Order of the Phoenix. Snape takes Harry on as a seventh year apprentice… but it isn’t what it seems.”).

love the show

—————-
    Thanks for the rec’s, Margot! I’ll have to check them out.

-Shannon

5. On March 4th, 2007 Erin said:

Great episode once again. :D

6. On March 5th, 2007 Emily said:

Hey! Great Episode y’all!!! I’m so happy you liked the song I sang on Skype!! It took about 30 minutes to 1 hour to make it!! I so love this podcast and hope it goes on until the end of time!!!!

Can’t wait for Order of Phoenix movie and Deathly Hallows book!!!!! See ya ’round hopefully!

7. On March 7th, 2007 Cassandra said:

Loved the line, after telling us the winner of the caption contest, “and thanks to all who entered” because you were referring to me, the only other entrant besides the winner! I won’t be applying for the Order of Merlin anytime soon…I’m on a losing streak. :)

————–
    LOL! This is so not the case. We got a fair few entries via e-mail. Snapecast listeners are super snarky, so the competition was something fierce!

-Shannon

8. On March 8th, 2007 Selina Enriquez said:

Just finished listening and I loved it! And oh yes – I’m definitely in Denial.

^____^

9. On March 8th, 2007 wee1 said:

Being born swedish, but now a resident of Scotland, but not really a kilt connaiseur, I would like to note that though the traditional way of wearing kilt is with no underwear, a lot of kilts are lined with a softer material on the inside – although not military kilts, as was noted in the show. But, these days, most kilt wearers, especially if partaking in sports (like highland games etc) or military tatoo, seem to wear a tight boxer brief or bicycle pants beneath. (Yes, I peeked, and I have photographic evidence). The reason romans and ancient greeks did not wear underpants was that they had not invented stitches yet, and their clothes were held together with pins. (Meanwhile, the people of Asia had no problem in constructing pants) Later, in europe, underwear was worn by those who could afford them, and not by those who couldn’t. Not until the nineteenth century were underwear declared pivotal to european sartorial standard for all classes. So, my guess is: if you are able to sew a robe, you can probably make the underpants as well. My guess is that robes are worn with underwear.

10. On March 8th, 2007 Robin said:

Wee1,

That is the finest treatise on ancient and medieval, european and asian underwear that I have ever read.

11. On March 16th, 2007 Oya said:

Hi.
    Thx for another great episode :)
    Someone wanted a betrayal story.. :) Well, there are quite a few of them out there… For example an oneshot (because I have the link handy) “Love and Deceit” ( http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2266400/1/ ) But if you look for them, you’ll find more ;)

12. On March 26th, 2007 Debbie said:

Great episode and hooray NO Snarry!! such a relief after the snarry-centric February edition. Each to their own but it was just overloaded in episode 12. I’ll definitely be searching out those fanfic recommendations.