// January 1st, 2007

Helping Snape celebrate his birthday (and the new year) with plenty of snark.
Direct download the entire Episode – 43MB (1:29:20)
Content for this episode…This is Snapecast – (00:00)
- Soundbyte: Alan Rickman, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s StoneIntroduction – (00:57)
Hosts: Rachael, Wendy, Becca
- Speculations on Snape’s birthday (Aussie style)
- A look back on what made 2006 so very Snapey

News for the month of January. (Send your news to snapenews@gmail.com)
- Snape celebrates his birthday on January 9th will it be his last…
- Title of book 7 not nearly as Snapetacular as HBP.
- Dan Radcliffe changes his theory on Snape, leading to much fan confusion.
- CBC recently aired an interview with Alan Rickman which was received with much squeeing and fangirling.
- Secret love-child of Snape and gina_r_snape revealed.

Snape’s New Year’s Resolutions – (10:58)

Snape & – (12:36)
Panel: Becca, Rachael, Gina, Wendy, Shannon (msavi, chaeche, gina_r_snape, shark_girl, pennswoods)
-Snape & Family: Part II

How Grey is Snape Snippet – (29:27)
Host: Rachael (chaeche)
Snape is Evil Perspective: Jackie & Mytheos (moralityisweak)
- Prisoner of Azkaban

This Slytherin Life – (31:41)
Intro: Becca (msavi)
Essayist: Zille
- Addicted to this drug called Severus

Panel: Rachael, Becca, Gina, Rose, Meagan (chaeche, msavi, gina_r_snape, lampblack, perosha)
-Order of the Phoenix
Chapter 24: Occlumency

How Grey is Snape Snippet – (55:20)
Host: Rachael (chaeche
Snape is Evil Perspective: Jackie & Mytheos (moralityisweak)
- Goblet of Fire

Owlpost – (58:54)
Panel: Shannon, Rachael, Wendy, Becca (pennswoods, chaeche, shark_girl, msavi)
- A special shout-out to all the Snake-Eaters and Killer-Nerds out there
- In which we deal with questions of culpability
- Howlers and e-mail from the Muggle world

Hosts: Rachael, Wendy, Becca (chaeche, shark_girl, msavi)
- Here’s to you Severus!
- Up next the Snarry Episode

Snapely Predictions for 2007 – (1:20:30)
Announcer: Rachael (chaeche)
Guardians of the Inner Eye: Wendy, Gina, Becca, Rose, Shannon, Rachael, Jeff, Jonathan

Magical and Muggle listeners are encouraged to post comments in our blogs, send us e-mails, or leave us a voicemail. Here’s where you can reach us:Website/Blog: http://snapecast.com
-A transcript of this episode will be available at snapecast.com.

– Lara St John, Bach Violin Concertos: 01-BWV 1041 : I. Allegro
– Music by Allan Horn, “Newscast”
Top Ten
– Patrick Doyle, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: “07-Rita Skeeter”
Snape &
– Shira Kammen, Wild Wood: 13 – Rapaz Maneo
How Grey is Snape? Prisoner of Azkaban
– Ani DiFranco, “Grey”
This Slytherin Life
– Janine Johnson, Chopin Recital: “03-Nocturne Op.72 no.1 (posthumous) in e minor”
– Ehren Starks, Lines Build Walls: 01-Lines Build Walls
How Grey is Snape? Goblet of Fire
– Ani DiFranco, “Grey”
– Shira Kammen, Music of Waters: 03-Unconformity
Medley
– Glenn Miller, “Auld Lang Syne”
– Scottish Clubland, “Auld Lang Syne – Dance Remix (clubmix)”
– Dean Martin (with Frank Sinatra), “Auld Lang Syne”

1. On January 1st, 2007 jehove said:

Thank you guys. I’ve been waiting hours for this ever since I’ve got up!
    *off to download

2. On January 1st, 2007 Terry said:

Once again a GREAT show!
    Snarky New Year!!

3. On January 2nd, 2007 Selina Enriquez said:

Oooh! The Ep 10 is up! *runs to download*

HAPPY NEW YEAR, Snapecast!

You are my #1 podcast ever. Happy Snaping!

4. On January 2nd, 2007 Serinity S Snape said:

yay # 10 is here!!! *is off to download and listen to over and over again* oh and a question did you guys ever see Mr. Rickman at my name is rachel or what ever it was called

5. On January 2nd, 2007 Zille said:

Hey, SnapeCast!

What a great episode!! ^____^

And thank you so much for using my “This Slytherin Life” essay in the show. I’m so proud and honoured. It means a lot to me. Thank you again!

I hope you all had a nice holliday!

Love,

ZiLLE

6. On January 2nd, 2007 Zille said:

by the way; is SnapeCast going to be represented at Sectus 2007?? I hope so, ’cause I’m going and I’d love to meet you guys! ^__^

Happy New Year!

7. On January 3rd, 2007 Erin said:

You read my letter. :D I’m glad I was able to give you guys food for thought and I loved the episode. Now, I need to go to the store cause Snarky finished the rest of my crunchy peanut butter last time.

8. On January 3rd, 2007 Erin said:

Also, I’m sorry I got you guys mixed up. Next time I’ll check to be absolutely sure. :)

9. On January 4th, 2007 Selina Enriquez said:

Oooh that was absolutely lovely show! What a wonderful way to start 2007!

I especially liked the phrase “to AK someone”. It’s really
    ber cool and I think I would even borrow it and use it.

And hurray to Zille – I loved your words, Sweety! Godt g
    et!

Love from Selina and the rest of the Danish Snape Mafia.

^__________________________^

10. On January 5th, 2007 Doris said:

Another winner in the can! We like the “Snapecast Mafia” moniker, though in all modesty, next to some of our folks the Mafia are a bunch of Karkaroff’s. :)

11. On January 8th, 2007 Christine said:

Hello, Everyone,

First of all, I love your podcast! Second, I know you said on your recent show that you wanted to hear from someone from Oklahoma, and that is where I hail from. I am a 27 year old pre-medicine/microbiology major at the University of Oklahoma who is married to a man that would give dear Severus a run for his money in snarkiness (gotta love the snark!). I also have a pit bull, Grendel, that happens to share our dear Potions Master’s birthday.

I have been a fan since I saw the first movie on network television (I tried to avoid it because I knew I would become obsessed). I have been a Snape fanatic ever since. It’s wonderful to find a comminity where I can associate with others who share my obsession. Many of my fellow Harry Potter fans in Oklahoma tends to give me looks of disbelief when I get on my soapbox, so to speak, and defend Severus and relating his virtues that they cannot seem to comprehend.

I thoroughly enjoy the discussions and theories on this podcast and look forward to many more.

In Snape I Trust,
    Christine

12. On January 10th, 2007 Karina said:

happy to hear my message quoted and discussed :)

K

13. On January 16th, 2007 snaper said:

I can’t seem to use your direct download link for Episode 10 – and now iTunes is telling me that Snapecast doesn’t have a valid address to update my podcast!

;-(

Is it just me or is there an error with ep 10?