// December 1st, 2006

Snapey holiday goodness for everyone who’s been a little naughty this year.
Direct download the entire Episode – 44MB (1:31:42)
Content for this episode…This is Snapecast – (00:00)
- Soundbyte: Alan Rickman, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s StoneIntroduction – (00:57)
Hosts: Rachael, Chris, Shannon
-Coming up in this episode…
-Bizzare Christmas traditions in the UK.
-Speculation on Christmas with the Snapes.

News for the month of December. (Send your news to snapenews@gmail.com)
- Snape momentarily more popular than onions on PodcastAlley!
- HBO’s 4 minute sneak peek at Order of the Phoenix aired on November 21st.
- Looking for a gift for that Snape-lovin’ special someone, lysel is selling Snape Plushies.
- Contribute to the Severus Snape page on the HP Wiki. Send an e-mail to severus@snapecast.com, subject line “Snape Wiki Volunteer”.
- Snape somehow omitted from The San Francisco Chronicle’s “The 12 Sexiest Men Who Were Never Alive.”
- Snapecast is now officially a member of the Harry Potter Podcasters Coalition.

Snape Theory – (27:23)
Hosts: Rachael, Rose
Guest: Stephanie (PAM2002 on Leaky Lounge)
- Madame Pince/Eileen Prince, one and the same.

PSA: Holiday Shopping with Snapecast – (29:22)
Announcer: Meagan
- Coming soon, the official snapecast Cafe Press Store.

Interview – (30:03)
Interviewer: Gina
Guest: lookfar
- Lookfar’s fics
- Snape is subjected to psycho-analysis by a professional.

Contest Winners Announcement – (49:01)
- Lost by sigune
- Winter Solstice by Dawn Secondcost
- Severus and the Three Spirits of Christmas by Rebecca Gomez
- Stay tuned for further details on our new contests.

Snape & – (50:04)
Panel: Becca, Rachael, Gina, Wendy, Shannon
- Snape & Family: Part I

Panel: Shannon, Rachael, Chris
- Dreams really do come true – WE FINALLY HEARD FROM ICELAND
- In which we reveal the secrets of podcasting
- Howlers and e-mail from the Wizarding & Muggle world (and the Beyond)

Hosts: Rachael, Chris, Shannon
- Whatever you celebrate, make it a snarky one!

Holiday Medley – (1:25:50)
Musical Talent: Jeff, Rachael, Spanky the House-Elf, Rose, Winky the House-Elf, Celestina Warbeck, Stubby Boardman, Gina
- Have Yourself a Snarky Little Christmas
- Sev’rus the Halfblood
- It’s Beginning to Look Like Severus Bites It
- It Came Upon a Potions Class
- I Brewed a Little Potion
- All I Want for Christmas is Snape
- He’s a Git!
- Potion Brewing

Magical and Muggle listeners are encouraged to post comments in our blogs, send us e-mails, or leave us a voicemail. Here’s where you can reach us:Website/Blog: http://snapecast.com
-A transcript of this episode will be available at snapecast.com.

– Lara St John, Bach Violin Concertos: 01-BWV 1041 : I. Allegro
– Music by Allan Horn, “Newscast”
Snape Theory
– Human Response, Delirious: 01-Delirious
PSA
– John Williams, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone: 11 – Christmas at Hogwarts
– Janine Johnson, Chopin Recital: 12-Valse Brilliante Op.18 in Eb major
Contest Winners Announcement
– The First Baptist Bells, Joy to the World: 10 – A Carol for All Seasons
Snape &
– Shira Kammen, Wild Wood: 13 – Rapaz Maneo
– Shira Kammen, Music of Waters: 03-Unconformity
Holiday Medley
Clips from the following popular holiday songs:
– “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”
– “Frosty the Snowman”
– “It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas”
– “It Came Upon a Midnight Clear”
– “I Have a Little Dreidel”
– “All I Want for Christmas is You”
– “Let it Snow!”
– “Sleigh Ride”

1. On December 1st, 2006 Selina Enriquez said:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

*off to download*

Merry Snapey Christmas!

2. On December 1st, 2006 Lynn said:

Aww I can’t download more than 10 %, on the feed AND the .mp3

=(

3. On December 1st, 2006 TJ said:

I love the latest episode! A segment discussing all the different circulating theories regarding Snape is just what I want in my podcast.

I may have converted my boyfriend. I showed him your MySpace account and he was surprised to see that Snape fangirls are hot. He doesn’t think too much of Chris or Alan Rickman though. Don’t worry, I’ll kick his butt.

——————-

Our owl is pretty hot too. Snarky actually has an upcoming spread in PlayOwl.

-Shannon

4. On December 2nd, 2006 ST. said:

I love the medleys. If you guys have the full verions you should make a CD for all of us SnapeCast fans to buy.

5. On December 2nd, 2006 Marie said:

I can’t download it either, I only get a ten sec clip from the direct download link and my itunes refuses to update it at all. Help please!

6. On December 2nd, 2006 lurid_layercake said:

I can’t download it :-( It gives me an error messenge about half way through downloading.

7. On December 2nd, 2006 Jonathan said:

We’re aware that there are problems downloading this episode and have contacted our hosting company to see if they can fix it.

In the mean time, iTunes does a good job of picking up the download where it left off, so just keep trying wiith iTunes and it should eventually retrieve the whole episode.

Sorry about this.

8. On December 2nd, 2006 Zille said:

Fantastic episode! Especially the Snape & Family segment.. Really interesting! Great job, SnapeCasters ^__^

9. On December 2nd, 2006 TJ said:

I voted for you on Podcast Alley.

10. On December 3rd, 2006 Lynn said:

It worked for me now! Can’t wait to listen!

11. On December 3rd, 2006 Ida said:

Finally a new one! Im downloading now, cant wait to listen to it :)
    *does happy dance*

12. On December 4th, 2006 Selina Enriquez said:

Absolutely Snapelicious Episode!

(Heeey! There’s a new word! Snapelicious! ^___^)

*off to re-listen the Episode again*

*Christmas Snapey hugs*

Sel

13. On December 5th, 2006 Emma said:

i really enjoyed this episode. At first i was a bit mixed on the idea of a christmas themed podcast about snape however the ideas and theories were completely worthwhile. And the medley of songs=priceless.

14. On December 5th, 2006 Julia said:

I loved having a psychotherapist’s opinion on Snape. This was my first Snapecast and I am just enthralled to discover a group who go that far into his character.
    I’m downloading all the other casts as we speak.
    Thank you so much!
    I’ll definitely be sending in some interviews and things for your consideration.

15. On December 5th, 2006 Rhadamanthus said:

I cried when Dumbledore told Severus to get ahold of some socks.
    This is my first Snapecast and I will definitely be following this from now on.

16. On December 5th, 2006 Val said:

You guys got my vote! Love the show!

17. On December 6th, 2006 Caroline said:

Did you guys mean the Onion newspaper podcast was in the top ten that you beat? That’s amazing, that’s one of the top papers among young liberals. Congrats.

C

18. On December 7th, 2006 Ida said:

Btw, Norwegians have those crackers too. But we only get paperhats and jokes, no toys.

*no better than British people* :( :P

19. On December 8th, 2006 Konekina said:

I love Snapecast, since the first episode =)

You guys are doing an excellent job for all the Snapeaholic like me all around the world…

Happy Xmas form Italy!

K.

~ Because I never have enough Snape ~

20. On December 11th, 2006 LadyWolf said:

Isn’t it possible to listen directly, without downloading the episode?

21. On December 13th, 2006 Cassandra said:

I can’t download this episode to Itunes or play it direct from the site (it quits after awhile. This is new, and aggravating. Any solution?

22. On December 22nd, 2006 CM Winters said:

I’d have asked this to Pam directly, but I’m not pursuing someone to a website that requires registration that I never use.

Anyway.

I listened with great interest to her whole Irma Pince=Eileen Prince theory, and while I will admit that the theory was well presented, I have two major objections to it, and they both boil down to the same scene in HBP. She goes ABSOLUTELY NUTS when she sees the HBP potions book and screeches at Harry for having defaced the book. First off, if Snape were SO attached to his mother (which is entirely possible), I somehow don’t think he would have made a habit of scribbling in books if he knew it would drive her COMPLETELY round the twist, and second . . . why didn’t she recognise her own/(only?!) son’s handwriting?

Ack! This would have made great owlpost fodder. -Shannon-

23. On January 30th, 2007 KarenDetroit said:

I wish I’d seen this in the depths of Christmas depression, but my computer was broken, hence the depression…

The filks are solid gold! Excellent production, as ever. How long can you guys keep this up?

24. On March 25th, 2011 herbsandlemons said:

The link to lookfars story is noo long valid and I cant find it is there anyway you can i dont know renew it or something?