// November 1st, 2006

Snape-ing our way around the world.
Direct download the entire Episode 45MB (1:36:25)
-Soundbyte: Alan Rickman, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s StoneIntroduction – (0:58)
Hosts: Rachael, Gina, Jackie
-Coming up in this episode
-Snape’s international sex appeal.
-The (dire) need for other character-centric podcasts (especially a Lunacast).

News for the month of November. (Send your news to snapenews@gmail.com)
- Pictures from the Snape Halloween Postcard Exchange are being displayed by aubrem.
- Results of the sexy Snape art contests will be posted soon at snapeartcontest.
- The Snarry Summer Games have ended over on snarry_games with Team Romance taking the gold and Team Angst taking the silver.
- hgss_digest is a new community providing links to Snape/Hermione fanfic across the web.
- OotP Trailer to only be released in theaters on November 17th (update thanks to The Leaky Cauldron)
- The US premiere of the production My Name is Rachel Cory has been extended through December 30th.

Panel: Rachael, Meagan, Wendy
-Goblet of Fire
Chapter 23: The Yule Ball
Chapter 30: The Pensieve
Chapter 35: Veritaserum

Snape-ing with Danes – (27:23)
Host: Shannon
Guests: selinaenriquez, trekkiegrrrl
- SelinaEnriquez on deviantART
- playwitch.net
- Trekkiegrrrl.dk’s Poser Goodies & More

This Slytherin Life – (43:59)
Intro: Shannon
Essayist: Meagan
- Lovin’ on those Cowardly Russians (or why Meagan isn’t such a fan of Snape)

Interview – (49:19)
Interviewer: Gina
Guest:
- Sigune’s Snape Stories
- Sigune on deviantART
- Snape Comic
- Snape Essays

Panel: Shannon, Rachael, Gina
- In which our hosts get a little lecherous
-Calling all Icelandic Snapefans!
-Howlers and e-mail from the Wizarding & Muggle world

Hosts: Rachael, Gina, Jackie
-Snape in any other language would be just as snarky.

Snape Around the World – (1:30:10)
- Czech by Ziina
- Norwegian by Ida
- Norwegian by Selina
- Portugese by Frini
- Spanish by Pepita
- Tamil by Sandhya
- Texan by Jeff

Magical and Muggle listeners are encouraged to leave comments in our blogs, post to our discussion boards, send us e-mails, or leave us a voicemail. Here’s where you can reach us:Website/Blog: http://snapecast.com

- A transcript of the episode will be available at snapecast.com.

music by Allan Horn, “newscast”
Snape-ing with Danes
- Aqua: “Around the World”
This Slytherin Life
- Ehren Starks, The Depths of a Year: 01-The tale of room 620
- Richard Wagner, Die Walkure: Act III “Ride of the Valkyries”
- Edward Grieg, Peer Gynt Suite: “In the Hall of the Mountain King”
- Igor Karkaroff Stravinsky, The Firebird Suite
- Janine Johnson, Chopin Recital: 12-Valse Brilliante Op.18 in Eb major
Shira Kammen, Music of Waters: 03-Unconformity
Snape Around the World
- – Lara St John, Bach Violin Concertos: 01-BWV 1041 : I. Allegro

1. On November 1st, 2006 Zille said:

Yaaay! I’m on SnapeCast ^_^

Even though you spelled my name wrong (“Sela”), but no matter :)

Just wanted to say thank you and do a bit of commercial for my Danish Snape-forum: http://www.snapester.tk

Hope to see all you Danish Snapesters there!!

Love Zille

2. On November 1st, 2006 Ida said:

Yay, Im here too ^^

Loved the episode. Everyone was great as always.

3. On November 1st, 2006 Sheritta Nesbitt said:

I loved it! This was my first time listening… I especially liked the ending where everyone did the first year speech in different languages… Although, I didnt really care for the “Texan” one by Jeff… Being from Texas, very very south Texas, we really don’t all sound that way…lol.. But it was funny… Thank you all for doing this, it really is awesome!

4. On November 1st, 2006 Julie said:

Rachel, I think it’s really funny that you bought the books in french when I don’t even own them and it’s my first language. You should give the dvd a try, the actor who does the Snape voice in french has a sexy voice, not exactly like Rickman but I like his voice. Hell, I like Snape in any language, even Texan LOL

5. On November 1st, 2006 Frini said:

YAY! I’m on Snapecast! Am I the only fan from Brazil? That is so weird, cause our dear Severus is VERY popular around here too!

Anyway, great show!!! Looking forward for a LunaCast :)

—————-

I do so hope somebody does a LunaCast. That would rawk my socks off.

-Shannon

6. On November 2nd, 2006 Selina Enriquez said:

Aiiiii! Another great Episode…!

I loved that you used Aqua – they fitted perfectly there….!

Thank you for letting me be a small part of it.

*hugs you all*

—————-

We’re so glad you and Trekkiegrrrl could join us for the show. It was great having you. As for the Aqua song,

that was thanks to our ever amazing audio witch who really has a knack for these things!

-Shannon

7. On November 2nd, 2006 Sofie said:

SQUEEE!
    im on Snapecast….

*giggle*

8. On November 3rd, 2006 Val said:

It was amazing listening to the Intro to Potions speech in so many languages. I hate I could not contribute to the show, but Jeff did an outstanding job covering my region! :) Looking forward to the next show!

9. On November 6th, 2006 pudella said:

It was great hearing from all the guests from different countries. I found the Karkaroff fangirl segment fascinating. And the multi-language potions speeches were lovely!

In this Snapecast a lot of people said they would not like it if Snape lived and got married in Book 7. I would not be surprised if Lucius gets killed and Snape marries Narcissa (after getting his name cleared) because she owes him for the Unbreakable Vow and he wouldn
    t mind having a woman with a large bank account (he IS Slytherin).

10. On November 27th, 2006 H.R. Corvin said:

Could you guys at Snapecast please do an interview with Veresna Ussep?

11. On February 9th, 2007 Becky B said:

I’ve just finished listening to this and, oh dear Jeus, THE TEXAN!!! He made me laaaaaugh.

Forgive me and my pompus British ways but I can NOT imagine Snape saying ‘yee ha’ at the end of that speech, oh funny, funny, funny.

Anyway, I adore this episode (as always) and Snape’s speech sounded fantastic in Italian.