// October 1st, 2006

Something to tide you over during until your next detention.
Direct download the entire Episode 50MB (1:47:19)
-Soundbyte: Alan Rickman, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s StoneIntroduction – (00:57)
Hosts: Rachael, Becca, the ghost of Chris
-A little grautuitous discussion of thongs and Snape obsession.
-Coming up in the rest of the show…
-Listener Challenge: How is Snape related to the Invisibility Cloak, and how is this crucial to the plot?

We finally caved and put together a news segment. (Send your news to snapenews@gmail.com)
- Newbury interview with Alec Hopkins
- Snowcake has been released in the UK: snowcakemove.co.uk
- Registration open for Prophecy 2007: http://hp2007.org/
- New LJ Communities: sectus_severus, prophecy_snape, phoenix_severus, prophecy_snarry, and snape_slash_07
- The Snarry Games are underway, showcasing Snarry fanart at snarry_games
- lupin_snape is hosting a recycler challenge through October.
- JKR’s website update and Snape

Panel:Rachael, Wendy, Rose
The Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 19: The Servant of Lord Voldemort

Snape’s Answering Machine – (33:12)
Voices: Chris, Chris’ sister, Becca, Gina

Fan Interview – (36:14)
Interviewer: Rachael
Guest: Savageland
- Looking for Magic in All the Right Places
- Somwhere I have Never Travelled. . .

Detention Intervention – (56:32)
Besotted Fangirl: Laura
Beleaguered Boyfriend: Sean

How Grey is Snape – (1:01:30)
Host: Rachael
Snape is Evil Perspective: Jackie & Mytheos

Contest Winners Annoucement – (1:17:53)
Announcer: Gina
-Congratulations to this month’s winners
-Art: Advanced by snapesforte
-Fic: Severus Snape and the Fall by Nokomis
-Next month’s contest deadline: Saturday, October 22nd at 11:59pm EST

Panel: Shannon, Rachael, Becca, Chris
-In which two Ravenclaws, a Hufflepuff and a Gryffindor stand up for Slytherin?
-Howlers and e-mail from the wizarding & Muggle world

Hosts: Rachael, Becca, the ghost of Chris

Walk Like You’re a Slytherin – (1:43:39)
Vocalist: Becca, the Snarky Diva

Magical and Muggle listeners are encouraged to leave comment in our blogs, post to our discussion boards, send us e-mails, or leave us a voicemail. Here’s where you can reach us:Website/Blog: http://snapecast.com

-Transcripts of this episode will be available at snapecast.com .

music by Allan Horn, “newscast”
- Janine Johnson, Chopin Recital: 12-Valse Brilliante Op.18 in Eb major
Detention Intervention
- Nick Drake: Been Smoking Too Long
How Grey is Snape
- Ani DiFranco, “Grey”
Contest Winners Announcement
- John Williams, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone: “04 – Diagon Alley and the Gringotts Vault”
Shira Kammen, Music of Waters: 03-Unconformity
Walk Like You’re a Slytherin
music by The Bangles: Walk Like an Egyptian

1. On October 1st, 2006 Ida said:

Another episode! Im downloading it right now, and can’t wait to listen to it.
    Im sure it’s great as always! Thank you. ^_^

2. On October 1st, 2006 pudella said:

I really enjoyed the analyzing of the POA Snarky chapter, the How Grey is Snape segment was really cool, the songs you used between segments made me laugh, and Chris’s voice (ghost or not) sounds great as always. I was thinking that perhaps in addition to next month being your international month, it would also be fun to hear (or see on the site) about people dressing in costume as Snape since Halloween is coming up, though perhaps that is more convention-related. Thanks again for the monthly update!

3. On October 1st, 2006 Cherry said:

This is great, as usual. My two cents regarding Snape/Hermione ships: I think that Snape and Hermione should have a relationship like Dominique Francon and Howard Roark from Ayn Rand’s book, The Fountainhead. They weren’t all lovey-duby, and neither was lax enough to bend to the other’s wishes. At times, they actually harmed each other on purpose, even though they knew that they were in love with each other. And even though they knew they were in love with each other from the moment they set eyes on each other, Dominique went on to marry two other men, namely Gail Wynad and Peter Keating, just to achieve her purposes. In the end, though, they did end up together.

Sorry ’bout the ramble. Anyhow, again, wonderful show, keep it up!

4. On October 2nd, 2006 Selina said:

Oi oi oiiiii! *runs off to listen*

5. On October 2nd, 2006 Sidney said:

Episode 6 rocks, I’ve just finished listening to it and I couldn’t stop laughing during the answering machine segment! Its so well done! Chris did an amazing job and I really enjoyed the fan interview, it was interesting to hear about the student/teacher relationship issue.
    I will definitely try and send you a French translation of Snape’s quote by email soon, the international episode is a great idea :)

6. On October 3rd, 2006 Selina said:

Excellent episode, my Dears! I loved Chris’ Peter Pettigrew owlpost and the Walk Like You’re a Slytherin song was hilarious!

Thank you for giving me a good mood – especially now in this period where my pet just died.

Snapecast 4ever.

7. On October 3rd, 2006 TJ said:

Content-wise, this is one of your strongest episodes. I particularly enjoyed the “How Grey is Snape” segment, and look forward to even more colorful discussions with the addition of Jackie and Mytheos.

Thank you for keeping me entertained while doing chores and homework. I will make sure to call in for your international salute.

- Reppin’ the Flipside.

8. On October 4th, 2006 Daughter-moon said:

This is driving me nuts! I’ve been trying to download it for three days now. Stupid iTunes. I’m trying to get it downloaded before I go away on Friday. It must be a long one… Bet it’s good as ever!

9. On October 4th, 2006 Erin said:

This was an amazing episode. I loved the How Grey is Snape? and Snarky Chapters. That was one of my favorite Snape Chappies and I was really angry when he didn’t have his lil’ conniption in the movie. Becca has a really lovely voice and I just realized that she was in last month’s little song which I cant remember the title to. I also loved Chris’s ramblings on cow tipping and the six foot hole. Keep up the exceptional work. :D

10. On October 4th, 2006 Erin said:

I also wanted to add that Severus Snape and the Fall is one of my favorite fanfics ever.

11. On October 8th, 2006 Horax said:

I was very unsure when someone rating potter type cast said that
    yours was the most interesting. I do listen to Mugglecast and PotterCast on a weekly basis. I have just listened to episode 6, which I found delightful. It was interesting had good hosts and moved smoothly from one topic. You can be assured that on Nov1, Snapecast will be on my list of things to hear.

12. On October 9th, 2006 J. Odell said:

Is this only part one? I only get about the first half hour of the podcast, cutting off in the middle of a word in the Snarky chapters sequence.

How can I get the whole program? Do I have to purchase it? The download link claims that this is to download the whole episode, but I certainly didn’t GET the whole episode.

13. On October 10th, 2006 Jonathan said:

How can I get the whole program? Do I have to purchase it? The download link claims that this is to download the whole episode, but I certainly didn?t GET the whole episode.

The link in the post is the whole episode, I’m sorry you are having trouble downloading it. Everything appears to be working fine on this end so I’m inclined to look in to possible causes on your end.

Our aim is for Snapecast to always be free so you don’t need to purchase anything, the link is for the whole episode.

Here are some things to look in to:
    * Do you have enough space on your computer for the 50MB mp3?
    * What browser are you using to download it (Firefox, IE, Safari, etc.)?
    * What kind of internet connection are you on (cable modem, dial-up, etc.)?
    * Have you tried subscribing to our feed using iTunes?

Feel free to email me directly, I can help you troubleshoot. jonathan@snapecast.com

14. On January 23rd, 2007 Megan said:

This was a really great podcast. Gosh that Ani Defranco song was awesome. I went and bought the album immediately. Also, loved how you used Nick Drake. He is one of my favorites:) I am really enjoying this podcast and you can tell how much time and effort goes into each one. Keep up the amazing work:)

15. On April 5th, 2007 thingie magigie said:

i think r.a.b. is regulus something black