// September 1st, 2006

Back to school edition of Snapecast
Direct download the entire Episode 35MB (1:15:56)

-Soundbyte: Alan Rickman, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone

Hosts: Rachael, Shannon, Jeff
-The smell of school is in the air!
-Coming up in the rest of the show…
-Listener Challenge: Without magic, how would Snape handle the real-world teaching and disciplinary problems Muggle teachers face in their classrooms?

Snapecast PSA: Tips for Success in Potions Class – (10:01)
-Have a magical year.

Snape & Roundtable – (12:31)
Panel: Becca, Laura, Rachael, Rose, Shannon
Topic: Snape & Education

Much Ado about Sectus – (28:56)
Interviewer: Rachael
Special Guest: Elanor Isolda
Sectus: A HP Fandom Conference – London 2007

This Slytherin Life – (29:57))
Intro: Becca
Essayist: Gina
- A Teacher’s “Inner Severus”.

Contest Winners Annoucement – (37:32)
Announcer: Wendy
-Congratulations to this month’s winners
-Fic: One Minute by Rachael DuBois
-Art: Sev’s Child by tripperfunster
-Next month’s contest deadline: Friday, September 22nd at 11:59pm EST

Fan Interview – (39:08)
Interviewer: Gina
Guest: Rebecca Webb
- The Smallest Slytherin
- An Obedient House
- Salazar’s Orphans

Owlpost – (55:19)
Panel: Shannon, Rachael, Jeff
Voice: Chris (Yes, he does chick voices too!)
-In which our hosts grapple with probling moral issues.
-Howlers and e-mail from the wizarding & Muggle world

Hosts: Rachael, Shannon, Jeff

Teacher – (1:13:46)
Band: Mytheos & the Snarky Beccas

Magical and Muggle listeners are encouraged to leave comment in our blogs, post to our discussion boards, send us e-mails, or leave us a voicemail. Here’s where you can reach us:Website/Blog: http://snapecast.com
-Transcripts of this episode will be available at snapecast.com .

Snapecast PSA
Van Halen, “Hot for Teacher”
Snape & Roundtable
- Shira Kammen, Wild Wood: 13-Rapaz Mane
Sectus Ad
- John Williams, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone: “02 – The Arrival of Baby Harry”
This Slytherin Life
- Ehren Starks, The Depths of a Year: 01-The tale of room 620
- Yann Tiersen, “Comptine D’un Autre t: L’aprs Midi”
Contest Winners Announcement
- John Williams, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone: “04 – Diagon Alley and the Gringotts Vault”
- Janine Johnson, Chopin Recital: 12-Valse Brilliante Op.18 in Eb major
Shira Kammen, Music of Waters: 03-Unconformity
Teacher Filk
music by Alan Menken, Little Shop of Horrors

1. On September 1st, 2006 vargas said:

While looking for more Harry Potter podcasts to explore I came upon Snapecast. Snapecast has now become my favorite Harry Potter cast and please keep up the great work!

Finally, a Harry Potter-related podcast for grown-ups! Fabulous!

2. On September 3rd, 2006 Ida said:

Yes! Finally a new episode! *devoted fan*
    I just wanted to say that I love snapecast, its hilarious and great (and Severus is my favourite character).
    You all do a very good job!

3. On September 3rd, 2006 Erin said:

I was so happy that you put Van Halen’s “Hot for Teacher” on there. Whenever I think of Snape that song starts playing in my mind. That song at the end was hilarious also. My family thought I was going insane I was laughing so hard. I am also going to read Rebecca Webb’s fics now. They sound so good.

——————–

So glad you enjoyed the song. We’re lucky to have some master filkers on staff. I also hope you enjoy Rebecca Webb’s fics as much as I did. She’s a fabulous storyteller.

-Shannon

4. On September 3rd, 2006 jaysnape said:

Hey Snapecast! Thanks for reading a snippet of my letter in the Owl Post segment! It was four in the morning and I woke the whole house with my shriek of glee. It was humorous.. for me.

Again, great episode! I’m going to go read Rebecca Webb’s fics now! They sound so interesting. Thanks again, Snapecast!

————————–

Thanks for sending us your e-mail to read on air. We enjoy getting thoughtful comments from listeners.

-Shannon

5. On September 5th, 2006 Selina said:

Oooh! I loved Episode 5! Especially the song at the end — and the Dolores Howler! It rocked! ^_________^

All my love,
    Selina

6. On September 7th, 2006 sandstar08 said:

I hope you decide to include “Don’t Stand So Close To Me” by Sting and The Plocie on one of your podcasts. It is The song for Hermione-Snape fans, or any student-teacher relationship in fanfiction really… Love the choice of songs, love Chris’s voice (I’ve seperated his voice clips into a collage so I can listen to his pieces over and over again without talking in between!), love the professionalism of the show, love the quality of podcasting, obviously love the topic, and just love the podcast in itself! Keep up the great work!

7. On September 11th, 2006 TJ said:

Oh, Snapecast, I love you. Much more than onions.

You wouldn’t consider spoiling your listeners by putting out bi-monthly podcasts, would you?

8. On September 12th, 2006 Nokomis Snape said:

I just got done listening to Eppy 5…I LOVED it!

The song at the end was brill!

In responce to a comment I heard (Can’t remember which eppy though) about Snape not being paired with Hufflepuffs that often. My friend is in the process of writing a wonderful fic where it centers around three friends who are Hufflepuff students and one of them (Naja Engle) is dating Severus. It’s an AU fic that takes place during 6th year (but she kept in Severus killing Dumbledore) but it’s really great and semi well-written…she has a problem with spelling, so forgive her.

If you are interested, just e-mail me and I’ll send you a link to the fic.

9. On January 29th, 2007 KarenDetroit said:

FINALLY had enough time to get caught up (somewhat) on the Snapecasts.

I LOVE the parody “Teacher” and the singers were quite good, too. I wish I had the time and energy to put into such an enterprise. I’m sure that having co-conspirators helps the creative juices along.

Rebecca Webb is one of my favorites, and I appreciate the insightful interview withthat talented writer.

All the casts are fabulous–what more could I say?